Holiday Bargains..not!!

Looking at some of the holiday bargains with the big companies, prices seem really cheap until you delve in further and see they are for 3 nights! Does anyone ever go to the Canary Islands for 3 nights?, wouldn't it be a day travelling there, a day back and a short glimpse of the pool/sea/volcano...anyway, its so chilly here, back to my search, I just want 4 star hotel, any Canary Island for 2 weeks leaving this month from local airport for £190 each, I just cant see why its so difficult (that is a tongue in cheek comment, before you all start lol)

Looking at some of the holiday bargains with the big companies, prices seem really cheap until you delve in further and see they are for 3 nights! Does anyone ever go to the Canary Islands for 3 nights?, wouldn't it be a day travelling there, a day back and a short glimpse of the pool/sea/volcano...anyway, its so chilly here, back to my search, I just want 4 star hotel, any Canary Island for 2 weeks leaving this month from local airport for £190 each, I just cant see why its so difficult (that is a tongue in cheek comment, before you all start lol)

An awful lot of websites are doing this and it's so annoying.

I also notice a lot of British resorts are selling a week's holiday twice: monday to Friday, and then Friday to Monday. Both at a price that used to be for a full week! British holidays must be the most expensive in the world for what you get...

I use sky scanner to find cheap flights and travel republic or alpharooms to find a hotel.

Going to the bigger companies generally work out plenty more expensive.

Occasionally you might stumble across a deal though.

With skyscanner you can look at specific dates, months, years, to find the best deal.

If you're happy to look at more than one airport, you can just look at the whole of the uk to return the best price.

I use sky scanner to find cheap flights and travel republic or alpharooms to find a hotel.

Going to the bigger companies generally work out plenty more expensive.

Occasionally you might stumble across a deal though.

With skyscanner you can look at specific dates, months, years, to find the best deal.

If you're happy to look at more than one airport, you can just look at the whole of the uk to return the best price.[/quote

I do do the same sort of thing Robbie, but then I print everything off and take it round to my travel agent and let them do all the booking and messing about. They have never booked us anything that cost us more. If you just go to the travel agent first they will inevitably stop, after looking at a few options which will be the most expensive.

A good example, the cheapest return flight to Queensland for two people, at the travel agents was £2,120. I left and searched at home for about three quarters of an hour longer than they did and got it down to £1,250. I went back to the travel agent, handed her the printouts and she just said, "Oh yes, your'e right".

I would recommend trying to book it all yourself. Doesn't always work out cheaper, but often does. Look a private holiday rentals as well if you are happy going self catering. Here is a suggested site:

https://www.holidaylettings.co.uk

Booked a skiing apartment through them for £200 a week less than the exact same style of apartment through normal holiday agencies. Then got flights for less again, and arranged transport from the airport. Entire holiday worked out about £250 cheaper per person by arranging ourselves. Doesn't always work. Often the all inclusive hotels are bulk booked by travel agents to get the cheap prices which you'd be lucky to match.