If humans evolved from monkeys, how come monkeys haven't evolved?

It is strange how no other life form has evolved anything like as dramatically as human beings. There are creatures that have stayed more or less the same for millions of years.

Plenty of specifies have evolved as dramatically as human beings, its likely that every mammal on earth evolved from a common ancestor believed to be shrew-like animal that snagged insects from ferns lining the shores of freshwater lakes 160 million years ago.

That doesn't necessarily mean that they are not evolving though, I'm by no means an expert but this is an interesting article, essentially it appears outward appearance doesn't necessarily mean that evolution isn't taking place.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/03/080331-tuatara-evolution.html

Lots of species have developed just as dramatically.

There are actually very few species that haven't changed much and they're actually quite interesting (Crocodiles for example).

Dogs have changed dramatically, left to evolution it a very slow process. We have killed a lot of them off, before they get the chance.

Come on, non have evolved so exponentially as humans. Bare in mind humans haven't even existed for nearly as long as other species that have been around for millions of years!

---------- Post added 19-02-2016 at 19:04 ----------

Plenty of specifies have evolved as dramatically as human beings, its likely that every mammal on earth evolved from a common ancestor believed to be shrew-like animal that snagged insects from ferns lining the shores of freshwater lakes 160 million years ago.

I should have made clear that by "evolved" I'm talking about our brains and intelligence. No other species comes close. And bare in mind humans haven't been around tat long compared to other species.

I should have made clear that by "evolved" I'm talking about our brains and intelligence. No other species comes close. And bare in mind humans haven't been around tat long compared to other species.

The knowledge of human beings is the teaching of thousands of years; put 2 ordinary people and 2 whales on the moon, there will no way to judge the most intelligent.

Come on, non have evolved so exponentially as humans. Bare in mind humans haven't even existed for nearly as long as other species that have been around for millions of years!

Humans have been around for a couple of million years and so far we don't have the intelligence to figure out if any other species equal or surpass our intelligent. A species that risks its own extinction by destroying the environment that it relies on can't be that intelligent.

Humans have been around for a couple of million years and so far we don't have the intelligence to figure out if any other species equal or surpass our intelligent. A species that risks its own extinction by destroying the environment that it relies on can't be that intelligent.

Homo sapiens sapiens have been around for 200,000 years.

Edited by SnailyBoy

So basically when you say none have evolved as exponentially as humans you are laying down a set of criteria (talking specifically about 'our' brains and intelligence) that mean you aren't really talking about evolution as a subject, but the evolution of humans.

In that case clearly no other species have evolved like humans, but then that negates your original point.

Edited by GhostRiders