The Pope had a married girlfriend

Maybe it's the question of hypocrisy? He couldn't make the sacrifices that he expected of others. I had a mate at university who wanted a career in the catholic church, but he didn't think he'd manage to live a celebrate life, so his life went in another direction.

Quote from link

There is no indication that the former pope, who died in 2005 and was made a saint by Pope Francis, had a sexual relationship with Anna-Teresa Tymieniecka or ever broke his vow of celibacy'

just what are people trying to infer on this thread?

Quote from link

There is no indication that the former pope, who died in 2005 and was made a saint by Pope Francis, had a sexual relationship with Anna-Teresa Tymieniecka or ever broke his vow of celibacy'

I'll keep that in mind:)

Some so-called religious persons don't seem to comprehend that they besmirch the faith they have chosen

It doesn't compute

A freind of mind was brought up a Catholic, it messed her mind up beyond imagination, as a result she is under the care of the CPN and hospital.

I think the evil that the Priests, Brohters, and Nuns did is beyond imagination. If you the opportunity to read Philomena please do, it gives a true insight into the way pregnant girls were made to feel worthless, some even commited suicide by throwinf themselves over the balony in the mother and baby homes. The girls were made to give up thier babies.............cruel in the extreme.

Quote from link

I agree. Why anybody, in this case pope, cannot have close friend whom he (or she) trust without being suspicious of doing something scandalous? What's wrong with you people? Media need "big bad stories" and in my view this is just another one.

Quote from link

Many will infer and indeed state that the man was evil, and a hypocrite and all the base vile things they can think of.

This is humanity at its nadir. Like a pack of vultures.