St Patrick's Day 2004

uncleheed

Is anyone else as pi$$sed off as me as all this St Patricks cobblers?Town are having a St Patricks festival for the next five days.TV will be full of ads for it,and radio stations will be hammering Van Morrison and U2 like mad.

What I wish to know is are we going to have a St Georges festival and 'English' artists played on radio from the 20th April?

If you didn't know,(because no one mentions it),St Georges day is on 23rd April.Also this is the birthday of one of the greatest ever Englishman,William Shakespeare.

St Georgewas an upper class snob who spent all day chasing dragons 'cos foxes hadn't been invented. So he was boring!

However St Pat was a Guinnness swilling colcannon eater, who liked nothing more

than a Ceili with the boys in the shebeen, one day he was so smashed he climbed to the top of Croagh Patrick and kicked all the snakes out of Ireland for a giggle!

TOP BLOKE!!!!!!!!!

Why does William Shakespeare sound half red indian?

if he was proper English he should have been called Farquharson

was shakespeare his stage name?

Originally posted by tittyheed

thats funny is it?I'm glad to hear you would sooner be a paddy than English,they can have you

I'm sure they would especially those gorgeous looking dark haired colleens who'd all be shouting Cead Mile Failte, thats gaelic by the way.

There's a lot of celebration of english culture (As in traditional, i nthe sense that St georges day should represent) everywhere, it's just sad that mainstream culture has rejected it in favour of football hooliganism and clubbing. Anyway, I'm going to start a thread on it now!

We can't celebrate St Georges day as the English aren't allowed to be patriotic in their own country (or anywhere else for that matter) - who knows who it could 'offend'. If you're Welsh, Scottish or Irish though, GO FOR IT!

Archived