Question: Is there a 'trade' that you could learn today that won't..

Hahaha....Yes I know the UK is probably a different kettle of fish, in moving an entire house. Could feasibly be done by air I suppose?...Not altogether cheap, but maybe, I dunno.

'Kit' houses are indeed popular and viable, and presumably will get ever more easier to construct...A bit like flatpack furniture...eventually...

So the upshot of this presumably will be less reliance on skilled 'brickies' and the more traditional 'chippy'...In other words certain skill requirements will decline!

Putting the kit houses together isn't exactly unskilled. Although as you say it often doesn't require any brick laying.

---------- Post added 16-02-2016 at 16:30 ----------

I don't dispute it, but isn't there already significant advances with Artificial Intelligence? It's not too far a leap for 'coding' to be done by computer...Is it?

No significant AI breakthroughs that I've read about.

To have software write more software would require it to be able to read natural English, parse meaning from the vagaries of what is written, clarify it with the business analyst or customer and THEN design and write the software in question.

Any job or profession which routinely requires a high level of abstraction for analysis and problem-solving purposes/performance is a strong contender.

Off the top of my head, programming is one, engineering/designing (most tech fields) is another, complex legal practice yet another.

There are no real AI's that can write code yet.

There's the 'key' word...'yet'

But maybe in 20 years...or maybe even 10...Who knows what might emerge...I remember when I was a kid, we used to actually press a button on the TV to turn it on and off or adjust the volume!