Problem booking direct flight to Salzburg

I have searched and searched but can't find a direct flight to Salzburg in June.

Many flights are direct up to April then it just gets impossible.

THis is where I ask for help on here.

I have never booked my own flight I have left it to the travel agent but on this occation there's no third party, are there any flight goer's who do this a lot.

Also the flight I have seen and look like booking is from Manchester and change at Frankfurt which seems a lot of messing about.

On arrival in Frankfurt would my bags be transfered to the 2nd flight or do I have to put them through the security check in all over again...:huh:

Looks like you have several options here. Fly direct Manchester to Vienna then train to Salzburg, fly direct to Salzburg from one of the London airports, or fly Manchester to Salzburg with a connecting flight. That last option sounds the most straightforward to me. If you book it all on one ticket your luggage should be checked straight through so not that much faff really.

I have searched and searched but can't find a direct flight to Salzburg in June.

Many flights are direct up to April then it just gets impossible.

:

April isn't an issue

Look on Skyscanner. I typed in United Kingdom in the from but and then to salzberg and then clicked on the whole of June. Looks like you can only go from London in June. http://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flights/lond/szg/cheap-flights-from-london-to-salzburg.html?adults=1&children=0&infants=0&cabinclass=economy&rtn=1&preferdirects=false&outboundaltsenabled=false&inboundaltsenabled=false&oym=1606&iym=1606&qp_prevProvider=ins_browse&qp_prevCurrency=GBP&qp_prevPrice=68

---------- Post added 17-02-2016 at 14:32 ----------

If you did go via frankfurt your bags would automatically go through as long as it's with the same airline so if you checked in at Manchester say and you went via frankfurt you'd simply collect your bags once you arrive in salzberg

OK, but they did also say

I was just providing a tool that showed direct flights after this time frame. Something the OP may have overlooked.

Mid June also shows direct flights from the list of airports I have already listed.

Did you click on any of those saying "Direct"..? I've just tried a few and and they don't give any direct flights eg: Leeds

http://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flights/lba/szg/160414/160414/airfares-from-leeds-bradford-to-salzburg-in-april-2016.html?adults=1&children=0&infants=0&cabinclass=economy&rtn=1&preferdirects=false&outboundaltsenabled=false&inboundaltsenabled=false&qp_prevProvider=ins_browse&qp_prevCurrency=GBP#results

No, but have just had a look and like you, one flight location marked with direct flights didn't have any.

I suspect I wont be using that site again :)