Expired warranty for new mobile phone.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable? I'll run it by you.

I took my daughters Samsung A3 into the repair store on commercial Street on Thursday and was pleasantly surprised to receive a text that evening stating "the repair is complete, please collect". I took my daughter to collect it Saturday to be told it's dead due to water damage which pics on their computer indicated apparently, pointing out red dots and a dull mark an a sticker.

After expressing my frustration over them finding water contamination (which totally contradicts the initial text I received informing me of its repair) they whole heartedly apologised for the misleading text claiming it was simply generic wording from an automated system before pushing a form towards me asking for £15 for the engineers labour and a signature to expire the warranty and acknowledge my satisfaction with the repair??. Which I provided, more fool me. The next day the phone took a full charge and works fine, which leads me to suspect that the initial text was accurate and the phone has been repaired... So why bill me?

Edited by danot

No idea.

Was the original repair under warranty?

If not werent you liable to pay for his time or was it no repair no fee?

It's £15, you signed, so suck it up inless you feel so wronged you are willing to go back and make an issue of it. I cant see the problem really.

It was under a full 12 month warranty. They actually stressed the possibility of being billed if water contamination is the cause but my daughters lack of concern immediately settled any doubts I had about that. One staff member said it must have been immersed in water judging by the indicators, which my daughter insists never happened.

Then you will have to decie if you wnat to o back and argue over £15. Your post is ambiguous. The significance of water damage was because it fell outside of warranty?

1. The £15 was because they had tried to repair and fail?

2. The £15 was because they had actually repaired it?

It would seem to be 1 because you then express surprise at the repair.

You now think you were gouged out of £15 because it was a repair under warranty.

Either take it up with them or suck it up. You could complain to Samsung, but tbh you signed the form and dont have much evidence.

Then you will have to decie if you wnat to o back and argue over £15. Your post is ambiguous. The significance of water damage was because it fell outside of warranty?

1. The £15 was because they had tried to repair and fail?

2. The £15 was because they had actually repaired it?

It would seem to be 1 because you then express surprise at the repair.

You now think you were gouged out of £15 because it was a repair under warranty.

Either take it up with them or suck it up. You could complain to Samsung, but tbh you signed the form and dont have much evidence.

Ambiguous? My point is their findings contradict the initial text I received while the phones present condition validates the text. So why make a report stating the phone is dead, why expire the warranty, and then bill me?

Ambiguous? My point is their findings contradict the initial text I received while the phones present condition validates the text. So why make a report stating the phone is dead, why expire the warranty, and then bill me?

Because if your version is correct they scammed you for £15 having supposedly repaired the phone under warranty, but invented the water damage fault. unfortunately you signed and paid up. Thats if your version correct.

What are you going to do and whats the point of the thread?