Expired warranty for new mobile phone.

Because you appear to have a lack of understanding of it .

On what basis... point it out.

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 17:47 ----------

The sale of good act doesn't ....or suffered accidental damage because this would be unfair to honest sellers . Water damage as a result of immersion would be fairly classed as accidental damage . If the shop has faked the water damage or it simply did not happen then is a trading standards issue .

Whereabouts in the SOG at does it say this out of interest? Which section?

Accidental damage and water immersion could be covered it all depends on the circumstances and the goods in question. The tests are what case allided to.

Btw its now the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

On what basis... point it out.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 17:47 ----------

[/color]

Whereabouts in the SOG at does it say this out of interest? Which section?

Accidental damage and water immersion could be covered it all depends on the circumstances and the goods in question. The tests are what case allided to.

Btw its now the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Your added post has just proved you have a lack of understanding of it . Accidental damage is not the fault of the retailer .

Don't give the day job up :cool:

Your added post has just proved you have a lack of understanding of it . Accidental damage is not the fault of the retailer .

You havent proved anything and I never said it was. Come on Gamston quote some SOG at me. Which section? Impress us all with your knowledge.

If I asked kate, cyclone, JFK, Loob they would all point it out.

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 17:58 ----------

She's recently turned 12 so it's in my name.

Just looking....what was the date of purchase? Did you keep a copu of the thing you signed?

Edited by 999tigger

You havent proved anything and I never said it was. Come on Gamston quote some SOG at me. Which section? Impress us all with your knowledge.

I don't need to impress anyone :roll: You are most welcome to prove me wrong :)

Well you are unable to explain how the sog works. There are instances where accidental damage and water samage would be covered.

Make up your mind :loopy: first you ask me why I am explaining the Sales Of Goods Act to you , then you ask me to explain it again :help: Then you point out it is now the Consumer Rights Act 2015, but you continue to refer to it as SOG . :suspect:

How do you think most damage occurs? its not deliberate. If i drop something which claims to be unbreakable and it breaks, then thats not fit for purpose or of satisfactory quality.

If I biy something as waterproof like a sony tablet or a wetsuit and it suffers from water damage, then its not fit for the purpose or of satisfactory quality.

So it's the indibdual circumstancs when applied to the tests which are important.

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 17:58 ----------

Just looking....what was the date of purchase? Did you keep a copu of the thing you signed?

I have all relevant paperwork. Took out contract on 31/10/15. Took out insurance too, which was the next step until realising the phone is fixed.