Resurfacing questions..

*_ash_*

You can report a broken manhole cover to the council, likewise if one is badly sunken (sp?) you can also report that.

It's important to report and issues with the resurfacing work thats been done so it can be rectified, as the work has a guarantee period on it.

Oh m god. More road works around Hillsborough. Especially Parkside Road which they had already dont not very long back. Why dont they do the roads that have not been done at all. Wadsley Lane is shocking as is all the rest of them around there.

Dont they think that would be more worth while.

they have resurfaced the pavements around Wadsley and the weeds are coming through the tarmac and when you put your foot on it it is soft.

I would suspect that useless Amey have subcontracted this work to someone else or they really are that bad.

If I was the council I would be coming to check their work and make them do it again.

What incompetants.

Unfortunately, Streets Ahead has become all about how Amey can get away with doing as little work as possible in order to deliver the terms of the contract, rather tha n to fix what actually needs fixing. Roads like London Road and Archer Road are now cratered, pockmarked hazards (London Road in the rain is particularly dangerous as you have no idea how deep the holes will be). Obviously it's the major arterial routes - which are going to get worn out quicker, and which people are going to complain most about during the "maintenance" period, which they are putting off as long as possible, leaving them in a worse state than ever in the intervening years.

It appears that they are not renewing the pavements in some areas but rather "repairing" them, ie, re-laying some of the existing flagstones, and if a stretch of asphalt (on a pavement) is deemed "in good condition", it's left intact.

It appears that they are not renewing the pavements in some areas but rather "repairing" them, ie, re-laying some of the existing flagstones, and if a stretch of asphalt (on a pavement) is deemed "in good condition", it's left intact.

Re-surfaced the pavements in Wisewood a couple of months back.

Weeds already coming through the tarmac.

• 6 months later...

My taxi test was last week, so had to go to my garage again first to check it over. (it went straight through the interim test btw :D)

Guess what. I HAVE to drive down Sandbed Road to get to it.

What are the chances that the workers are there again on just a random day 9 months later? Anyone?

Posters in this thread were saying they are just doing things in order, and recurbing and relaying paths was part of this plan.

Well this time, they weren't resurfacing the road, they were filling in bits at the side where the new curbing is.