Resurfacing questions..

*_ash_*

My taxi test was last week, so had to go to my garage again first to check it over. (it went straight through the interim test btw :D)

Guess what. I HAVE to drive down Sandbed Road to get to it.

What are the chances that the workers are there again on just a random day 9 months later? Anyone?

Posters in this thread were saying they are just doing things in order, and recurbing and relaying paths was part of this plan.

Well this time, they weren't resurfacing the road, they were filling in bits at the side where the new curbing is.

I guess that they were working at the side of new kerbing and not trying to restrain anything lol

Did they properly resurface, or just apply the temporary screed over the top?

How long is 'temporary'? They have used this temporary screed on the pavements twice in the last 30 years. The last about 12 years ago, so suppose got to wait another 2 to 3 years for another coat.

To give an idea of the state of the footpaths, the best parts of the pavements are where they were dug up for laying the digital cable, many years ago.

How long is 'temporary'? They have used this temporary screed on the pavements twice in the last 30 years. The last about 12 years ago, so suppose got to wait another 2 to 3 years for another coat.

To give an idea of the state of the footpaths, the best parts of the pavements are where they were dug up for laying the digital cable, many years ago.

It's temporary until they actually relay the pavement properly instead of just screeding over the surface. Which should be done as part of the current Amey contract along with the roads all being resurfaced.

This could be what happens if you do not remove your vehicle.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2016/12/01/rethymnon-epic-asphalting-goes-viral-pictures/

Wonderful, reminds me of an old Tony Hancock sketch.

He had left his car during a couple of re-surfacings (I think). Eventually the road under his car was brought up to the same level as the rest of his street and then he was complaining that with his car now being so much higher it had become a target for the passing trains with drivers throwing lumps of coal. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: