War time rations

parcher

War time rations are often quoted as "meat to the value of...." and I know that it was not an awful lot but can anyone remember the price of anything?

I am a 1940's homefront re-enactor and it something I quite often get asked but I cannot find anything that will tell me what meat actually cost in those days.

War time rations are often quoted as "meat to the value of...." and I know that it was not an awful lot but can anyone remember the price of anything?

I am a 1940's homefront re-enactor and it something I quite often get asked but I cannot find anything that will tell me what meat actually cost in those days.

The site below is worth a look gives prices of various grocery items, as well as what films were shown and what songs were popular for each year 1939-45

http://www.ne-diary.bpears.org.uk/Bck/Popular.html

Edited by bazjea

Thank you bazjea for the link to such an excellent website upon which I have just spent an hour learning more and surprising myself at the number of songs and tunes which have been waiting to be re-awakened in my mind. It's a great testimonial to the Author and his Associate providing a wealth of information.