Simply Fairness - or Utter Madness.

An article in the paper this morning tells of a family with 8 children (they think) who came over here from overseas 8 years ago. Seems they have had to move out of their 2 million pound home (due to current Gov Legislation) and now live in a 1.25 million pound home, still funded by the taxpayer of course, all this without any contribution of the family who have never done a days work since arriving here, so the story says.

As the title says, Simply Fairness - or Utter Madness.

The nationality of the family bears no bearing on the story to me, neither does the colour of their skin, white, brown, yellow, black or any colour in between. This is about the fairness or madness of the situation.

Angel1.

Downsizing is all the rage in hard times old chap.:D

No they provide well above what was needed.

No, but I wouldn't turn one down if I had nothing, I would accept it graciously and do everything possible to pay society back for their generosity.

A house is a house, the present tenants didn't create the particular house price. Low achievers will always use it as a stick to beat someone with though.

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 19:25 ----------

It's amusing that the very people trying to claim the moral high ground are always the most offensively impolite and bad-mannered.

I'm trying to claim nothing, but with the following I guess I did by default.

I like the container idea better though, whilst they are asleep they could be loaded onto a ship and sent on a free cruise to somewhere warmer, thus saving energy which will help to kerb global warming.

What was that about "most offensively"?:roll:

Edited by Andbreathe

We send them back to their country of origin. No one should be able to hold the country ransom.

They are not ignorant, they know there is a large issue in the south of the country due to their huge border with Mexico. What they are is, supportive of their governments rules and the idea of being an illegal alien is much more of a stigma in the USA than it is in the UK.

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 13:58 ----------

Are they? Where are you getting this information from?

Yeh, it were a bit confusing. I thought it were a toss up between a native Icelander and an African.:huh:

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 19:44 ----------

Part of the issue is why have they been able to move from cheap Coventry to expensive London...? No reason given in the report other than they wanted to live there..the house has been extensively altered,according to the report,..that won't have been done for free..

When the rent cap came into force many families living in London were told they must move elsewhere, (normally out of London) to area's with cheaper rents. However, families could appeal, (human rights n all that) to live near friends and family etc. I suspect in this families case, they won their appeal for this reason.