Simply Fairness - or Utter Madness.

What he was saying was, we welcome the unskilled, the USA does not. This is irrespective of any illegal immigration problem they may have.

Actually we do welcome unskilled immigration to this country or rather he low paid jobs that nobody else will take. Fruit picking, care work etc.

They are and we can. We choose to let people from the EU in, we choose to listen to asylum claims.

We don't choose to let people in from the EU. We have to as it's part of being in the Union. However this is not the subject of the problem.

What we have here is a family that are being housed in the part of the UK that is very expensive. They could be housed elsewhere at a much reduced cost to the state. However, they should be made to work, like everyone else is in the UK when claiming benefits these days.

They cant choose who they let in from other states though.

Well the USA is one country, unlike the UK and Somalia. Its no different to someone from Northern Ireland coming to England to work. Its fine as its within our borders.

What a stupid comment. there were wars outside WW 1 and 2. people were still fleeing them. Sp no the 20rg century wasnt one of rlative peace, especially in terms of casualties.

Which wars ravaged Europe in the 20th century that meant it was not a safe place, respectively other that the two World Wars?

Practically the council could buy two 6 birth caravans, park them on some council land and provide them with enough food to feed the family, this would save the tax payer thousands of pounds, or just send them back to their country of birth.

Err no that would be illegal. Why would they send them back to their country when they are refugees?

WWhich wars ravaged Europe in the 20th century that meant it was not a safe place, respectively other that the two World Wars?

If you ignore the hundreds of thousands of armed troops directly facing each other, the various terrorist campaigns carried out across many different countries, the dictatorships that ruled right up to the 1990s, the mass killings in Eastern Europe, and the slaughter of innocent civilians that was carried just 20 years ago in the former Yugoslavia, you may have a point.

I fear though that we're getting into the territory of claiming - What have the Romans ever done for us!

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 15:23 ----------

The council probably could...they make the rules...

Aren't there a bad of planning rules that have to be met? Then what would the locals think of refugees popping up in caravans all around the place?

We don't choose to let people in from the EU. We have to as it's part of being in the Union. However this is not the subject of the problem.

We choose becayse we wigned yo to make it possible.

What we have here is a family that are being housed in the part of the UK that is very expensive. They could be housed elsewhere at a much reduced cost to the state. However, they should be made to work, like everyone else is in the UK when claiming benefits these days.

It would be better if he worked, but I imagine the problem being his skills are so low he is unlikley to get a job that pasy neough to eal with the costs of his large family. They have freedom of movement in the UK Camden have a responsibility like every other authority to provide housing benefit to people who make claims in its area. They shouldnt be let off just becayse its expensive otherwise youd get even more cleansing of benefit claimants only being in cheap areas of the country and the expensive areas not having the burden.

Well the USA is one country, unlike the UK and Somalia. Its no different to someone from Northern Ireland coming to England to work. Its fine as its within our borders.

You were pointing out abojut controlling borders. I was pointing out we can, but if we then sign treaties and conventions to say we will let in people from the EU or refugees, then we are bound by that and can hardly moan about it.

Which wars ravaged Europe in the 20th century that meant it was not a safe place, respectively other that the two World Wars?

The point claimed was northern scieties send to be settled and peaceful, but thats because they carry on fighting their wars abroad.

The other point was that WW1 and 2 were of such a magnitude the size of casulaties and suffering involved are a much better measure of their impact.

If you ignore the hundreds of thousands of armed troops directly facing each other, the various terrorist campaigns carried out across many different countries, the dictatorships that ruled right up to the 1990s, the mass killings in Eastern Europe, and the slaughter of innocent civilians that was carried just 20 years ago in the former Yugoslavia, you may have a point.

I fear though that we're getting into the territory of claiming - What have the Romans ever done for us!

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 15:23 ----------

Aren't there a bad of planning rules that have to be met? Then what would the locals think of refugees popping up in caravans all around the place?

About the same as they think about them popping up in two million pound houses.

Its a good question and rooted in our predisposition to be politically correct. The fact is the family will be colored. Or if you prefer, black.

There is a possibility they will be Roma, therefore ethnically North Indian.

One thing is certain, they will not be Northern European.

You may ask what do I deduce from this? I deduce that Northern European societies tend to be settled, peaceful, and non predatory.

I further deduce that persons emanating from Africa, substantial parts of Asia come from less settled, ordered societies, because they are raised in corrupt countries they themselves have to fend for themselves, become predatory and a burden on the societies that they foist themselves upon.

Are my comments racist? I would say they are not, no one is racially predisposed one way or the other.

We invite problems when we allow these people into our society, far better we seek to assist them in their country of origin, improve their way of life and prospects to the benefit of all of us.

I don't see any deduction there at all. Just a whole bunch of prejudice and racism.