Simply Fairness - or Utter Madness.

I do not know why they were moved to London, there are some reasons that I'd agree it was a good idea some that that I would think would be a bad one.

For example, did someone say that they had disabled children? If one of their kids has regular appointments at a London hospital, then I'd say yes it was the right reason to move them there. If they were moved there for no other reason than they just fancied living in London, then I would say that that would be wrong.

I do not think that a caravan is suitable accommodation for such a big family with disabled children.

Again we're back to the reason as to why they're living in London. if £3k is the going rate for basic accommodation in the area that they need to live, then unfortunately £3k is what needs to be paid. If we paying £3k because they fancy living there, then it is wrong.

A side issue. We need to beware of moving out all social housing away from London because of the cost, what needs to be done is an attempt to tackle the cost of social housing in London.

That's why I said two 6 birth caravans, even one caravan would be better accommodation than most of the the worlds people.

Utter madness, it's nothing to do with racism or any other ism. The simple fact is whoever you are if you can't afford eight kids don't have them and expect taxpayers to pay for them.

I would agree, but they have a different approach in Aafrica based on large families and only a few surviving as well as having enough so you as parents are looked after. there are now rules to limit benefits based on up to the second child. You could apply them now, but then the kids suffer.

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 16:54 ----------

That's why I said two 6 birth caravans, even one caravan would be better accommodation than most of the the worlds people.

A caravan is temporary. It makes no sense. It would be challeneged by social services and the people themselves.

As ive pointed out the way the rules work it would be adjudged unsuitable. People dont wnat to live in tents in the UK. Wonder why?

That's all right then, we want to live in a three bedroom house in Poole with a sea view. Can you tell me how we get it?

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 16:57 ----------

I would agree, but they have a different approach in Aafrica based on large families and only a few surviving as well as having enough so you as parents are looked after. there are now rules to limit benefits based on up to the second child. You could apply them now, but then the kids suffer.

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 16:54 ----------

A caravan is temporary. It makes no sense. It would be challeneged by social services and the people themselves.

Flopping heck, how many have they had then if only eight have survived?

Its another stupid idea from you.

The rules on HB are about financial assistance and not giving property of a particular type.

Caravans are temporary and would be unsuitable, especially as they have 2 disabled kids.

The stupid thing to do is give them a million bound house to live in.Then you wonder why we can't afford to pay our doctors enough to keep them in the NHS, the there's treatments we can't afford and thousands of other things we can't afford.

There's a problem with that, I worked for fifty years and we don't get HB. So we can't afford it.

So your problem is that people get housing benefit?

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 17:08 ----------

The stupid thing to do is give them a million bound house to live in.Then you wonder why we can't afford to pay our doctors enough to keep them in the NHS, the there's treatments we can't afford and thousands of other things we can't afford.

The stupid thing is that we have no social housing stock and that properties are that price in the first place.

what am I refuting?

I think Truman wants you to acknowledge that the DM's report is tantamount to fact on a VERY basic level which pulls in the myopic. It generally in these cases stops short of complexities. Considering the families status and back ground and the amount of children involved I would hazard to guess it isn't exactly cut n dry as "scrounger" as the DM report implies.

Truman or the DM could possibly be right, the guy in question could be milking the system in order to avoid working, my problem is I can't see evidence of that to date.

Council/private rent in London is far greater than Sheffield or Newcastle for that matter..maybe all Tenants in London should move North.

This started out as a race thread, my money is on it being closed as one.

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 17:14 ----------

The stupid thing is that we have no social housing stock and that properties are that price in the first place.

Precisely. If that property was priced at 78k this thread wouldn't have got off the ground.

Edited by Andbreathe

So your problem is that people get housing benefit?

---------- Post added 18-02-2016 at 17:08 ----------

My problem is that there are plenty of black, white and people of Asian extraction, in fact the vast majority who take their Resonsibilities seriously and don't like the fact that taxpayers are being ripped off. I've had plenty of goes at the feckless Jeremy Kyle generation but we are discussing this particular case. Families like these are likely to have kids who see how easy it is to live comfortably here without working and continue the cycle.