Anywhere to park around the Royal Hallamshire Hospital?

ken_lym

I've spent some half an hour this morning driving around the hospital for a parking bay, as the multi-storey one was full. I've been driving up and down the Collegiate Crescent, and was only lucky enough to find one on Park Lane on my 4th round.

I bet Q Park or NCP could make a fortune by building one just next to the hospital.

I've spent some half an hour this morning driving around the hospital for a parking bay, as the multi-storey one was full. I've been driving up and down the Collegiate Crescent, and was only lucky enough to find one on Park Lane on my 4th round.

I bet Q Park or NCP could make a fortune by building one just next to the hospital.

you must be new to this as the situation has existed ever since the hospital was built. when I get letters for appointments there is a warning on them about thelack of parking space. but seriously if you cannot get there on public transport [ big laugh] your best bet is a taxi.

you must be new to this as the situation has existed ever since the hospital was built. when I get letters for appointments there is a warning on them about thelack of parking space. but seriously if you cannot get there on public transport [ big laugh] your best bet is a taxi.

We've just got back from there, two hours thirty minutes in total from the other side of the city on public transport including appointment. I don't think that's too bad, I wouldn't dream of going there in the car and chance missing an appointment.

My wife goes to the Hallamshire yearly to see her Diabetic Consultant,we live approx' 13 miles from there near to Worksop.We always catch a bus to Pond Street and then another to the Hospital.After her consultation we take a stroll back down Glossop Rd/West St etc to Pond St. and board a bus home.This usually takes around 5 hours,before we had our bus pass' it would cost around £11 in fares but it was still better than trying to find somewhere to park.

Try Gloucester Street. You used to be able to park for up to four hours in some places for free. Don't know if you still can. It is a five minute uphill saunter to the hospital.

Gloucester Street appears (on google maps) to be permit holders only.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.377241,-1.4887668,3a,20.5y,265.79h,87.24t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1swyjnKfXTC0FaaaRkgw_z_g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656