GBP slipping rapidly

• Sterling, an institute recognised globally, a coin of worth and prestige.

• Euro, a much maligned and cursed coin, the result of silly bureaucrats and the cause of Greek downfall.

The above two statements were very true about 2 years ago. Now that the referendum is firmly on the agenda the pound is sinking away against all other major coins in the world.

This isn't the first time, but it is the first time that it is happening against a Euro that is still considered in the throws of a massive depression.

Not good news for a country that relies on importing cheaply and selling dearly.

What a load of rubbish.

This isn't the first time, but it is the first time that it is happening against a Euro that is still considered in the throws of a massive depression.

Didn't the two currencies come close to parity in 2009 ?

Are you scaremongering ?

• Euro, a much maligned and cursed coin, the result of silly bureaucrats and the cause of Greek downfall.

The above two statements were very true about 2 years ago. Now that the referendum is firmly on the agenda the pound is sinking away against all other major coins in the world.

Not good news for a country that relies on importing cheaply and selling dearly.

It's down to uncertainty - the markets hate that. It will settle once we're in or out. The dollar will go bat **** on the run up to the US election if it's a toss up between sanders and trump.

Didn't the two currencies come close to parity in 2009 ?

Are you scaremongering ?

Yes they did, when the Euro was completely caught up in the Greek crisis the pound regained a bit of ground because it became clear Osbourne wasn't going to pay the Greeks off.

What is scary this time is that the pound is slipping whilst the same uncertainty still exists around the Eurozone. In other words - there is more uncertainty about the UK and Brexit than there is about the Euro.

It isn't scaremongering, the stats are there for all to see and interpret. I am unhappy though, our euros have sailed a long time ago and were replaced with GBP on my (English) wife's insistence. I now thing she was incredibly wrong.

2 years ago on the 18th February 2014 the GBP-Eur exchange rate closed at 1.209. Today it closed at 1.29.

I am unhappy though, our euros have sailed a long time ago and were replaced with GBP on my (English) wife's insistence.
As a fellow € (;)), I'm surprised you didn't keep a position playing/safeguarding both. Cash savings-wise, I tend to keep about as much of one as the other.