Cyclist hit n run

No but a description is all that is needed. Then the CCTV network can be used to find the cyclists elsewhere on the surrounding roads. A policeman/woman can visit the cyclist and if they deny it, they can be formally identified by Oblix if required. Plus other road users could also have had the opportunity to take down details and provide them to the police. Even partial plate details can be used if the system is national, it's easy to narrow down the search to all cyclists with ABC .... on their plate in the vicinity.

Currently all many can so is describe a cyclist dressed top to to a in spandex riding a bike made out of their own self importance did X or Y.

Contempt, much?

You'll be first in line for a tabard with your personal ID number on it that you can wear every time you leave the house then. It won't stop you from attacking anyone but somebody might catch your tabard number as you run away.

Do you feel better now?

Tabards for everyone who's in the city centre after 7pm.

We all know that most violence occurs in city centres when people have been drinking, and ID tabards would certainly make it easier to prosecute such people.

Or the other extreme... let cars drive around looking nicer without any reg plates. Let police check tax, insurance, MOT etc by a smaller reg number stuck to the VIN plate.

Or the other extreme... let cars drive around looking nicer without any reg plates. Let police check tax, insurance, MOT etc by a smaller reg number stuck to the VIN plate.

Key difference is identifying an object, not a person... It's much less intrusive.

And again the cost issue comes up. Cars cause serious damage, so it's worth the cost of maintaining a database to enforce the laws about them.

I don't think that's true of cycles.

---------- Post added 19-02-2016 at 13:26 ----------

No but a description is all that is needed. Then the CCTV network can be used to find the cyclists elsewhere on the surrounding roads. A policeman/woman can visit the cyclist and if they deny it, they can be formally identified by Oblix if required. Plus other road users could also have had the opportunity to take down details and provide them to the police. Even partial plate details can be used if the system is national, it's easy to narrow down the search to all cyclists with ABC .... on their plate in the vicinity.

Currently all many can so is describe a cyclist dressed top to to a in spandex riding a bike made out of their own self importance did X or Y.

Because this works so well in reality that hit and runs in cars are always brought to justice... :huh:

Key difference is identifying an object, not a person... It's much less intrusive.

There's nothing to stop a tabard identifying the object rather than the person.

And again the cost issue comes up. Cars cause serious damage, so it's worth the cost of maintaining a database to enforce the laws about them.

I don't think that's true of cycles.

Oh,

Do you feel better now?

Why don't you want to wear your ID tabard everywhere? If you attack me on the street I want to know that you will be brought to justice tout suite.

You should wear your ID tabard at all times. There is no logical reason not to. Let's find out what other people think. http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1450887

Edited by Eric Arthur

Why don't you want to wear your ID tabard everywhere? If you attack me on the street I want to know that you will be brought to justice tout suite.

Some people may be enticed into an argument thus taking the thread off subject but I wont be. :)

You should wear your ID tabard at all times. There is no logical reason not to.

Hey lets go a bit further. We could have yellow stars for Jews, Red crosses for Christians, etc

Atheists can just have a big fat zero with the ID number in the middle. It's a winner.

Hey lets go a bit further. We could have yellow stars for Jews, Red crosses for Christians, etc

Atheists can just have a big fat zero with the ID number in the middle. It's a winner.

I think Eric Arthur has got the huff, he's started a new thread lol