Man Loses Pulse 4 45 Mins,Wakes Up With Incredible Vision of Afterlife

Gotton? Really?

It's an odd one. Apparently gotton is a Norse import into Yorkshire that carried over here to Olde English that that Yanks have kept hold of, just like they kept hold of all this afterlife rubbish too.

Man has dream, man thinks it's a visit to heaven.

Alternatively, Heaven rejects man, man doesn't realise he's not wanted in Heaven.

The things is, how are these random hallucinations when almost all people who report these "dreams" while technically dead, report almost identical experiences?

Having suffered from oxygen starvation myself, I know that your vision shrinks down and distorts, giving that 'light at the end of a tunnel effect' (think dark, blurry peripheral vision with a bright white central area) before you pass out.

If the thought that you might be dying was present before you passed out, this can easily effect whatever thoughts/dreams/hallucinations you have while you're gone.

Couple this with the fact that your brain's ability to make memories while starved of oxygen will be severely effected, you're hardly likely to give an accurate account when you come round again.

Playing the appeal to popularity doesn't work here, you can say that X amount of people say the same thing about their experience but that means nothing, it carries no weight. If you want to play the numbers game, what about the vast majority of people who experience clinical death and don't see any visions of an afterlife?

People like this guy in the OP are a very small minority and there's no reason to believe there experience is anything more than a result of the brain slowing/shutting down. Occam's razor, innit.

That's not such a simple question, if you die before your partner ('You' referring to anyone) and they find a new love after a while, would you want to spend an eternity with your partner and also their new partner?

Think of the thing you enjoy most, repeat it a thousand times, you'd soon get sick of it. Would you really want an eternity of anything?

If there was an afterlife and it was heaven/paradise, it would make this life seem pretty pointless.

If there was a god or gods in charge of it, it could mean serious consequences for all the millions of people who were praying to the wrong gods.

I'm quite fine with the idea that there's no afterlife and it's one of the things that makes me value and enjoy real life. I can't see myself hoping for such a thing on my deathbed.

Even if there is an afterlife, knowing my luck, I would end up doing something rubbish, probably infinity press ups like iin Bill and Ted's bogus journey.

Man's brain is starved of oxygen, hallucinations follow, the gullible masses rejoice in wonder :roll:

Exactly !

Shortly after I gave birth to our second child and during the 'necessary attention required in the down below department' I was overdosing on the gas and air due to the high level of 'discomfort' I was feeling.

I truly believed that I was floating above my body and was convinced I was dying and on opening my eyes saw a bright white light in front of me and heard the sound of raucous laughter.

It later transpired that I HAD overdosed on the Entinox and had been telling everyone present that I loved them !

---------- Post added 19-02-2016 at 17:34 ----------

I read it as "incredible vision of Attercliffe" - I must get new glasses!

That's how I read it the first time too !

Man's brain is starved of oxygen, hallucinations follow, the gullible masses rejoice in wonder :roll:

You (and Lemaquis) are always all over these type of threads like a rash, poo poo'ing and being really vehement in your scepticism. Have an opinion by all means but why does it matter to you so much that people do believe this sort of stuff? anyone would think you had some sort of agenda. :suspect:

You (and Lemaquis) are always all over these type of threads like a rash, poo poo'ing and being really vehement in your scepticism. Have an opinion by all means but why does it matter to you so much that people do believe this sort of stuff? anyone would think you had some sort of agenda. :suspect:

Do you believe in the twaddle then?