Should everyone have to wear an identification number?

Would you wear a government ID number  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you wear a government ID number

• Yes
    • No

If everyone had a government issued ID number displayed on their person every time that they left the house, maybe on a tabard, or a patch, or a big badge would it eliminate wrongdoing?

No and it'd be a massive breach of civil liberties. I'd rather spend time in jail than be identified by a number thanks.

What is this? Fascist stupid ideas week or something?

Yeah, cheap as chips - if chips cost £3bn a packet. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10164331

I'd have happily paid £35 for one, if it was accepted as a national ID card, and accepted EVERYWHERE...

as I have no passport, no driving license, I have two different surnames (and no deedpoll documents, complicated reason, I won't get into on this thread) - so often struggled when I needed to open a bank account etc.... as places have started to NOT accept your Birth Certificate...

No and it'd be a massive breach of civil liberties. I'd rather spend time in jail than be identified by a number thanks.

:huh:

I think you're overreacting a bit there...

... we could have personalised numbers like we do on cars. :idea:

Lots of people seem to think that adds a bit of class to their old banger, so just think of the kick your average chav would get out of having their own ID tattooed across their forehead.

It's a win-win all round... :hihi:

To be fair to Eric he did start this thread as a consequence of someone suggesting something similar for cyclists and he was trying to show how stupid it was...

So, I take it that you haven't got an NI number, then? :confused:

Yeah, cheap as chips - if chips cost £3bn a packet. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10164331
TBH, these were Labour chips. Not to be confused with Labour ships...

...or most any other p*** ups they tried to organise :twisted:

Edited by L00b

If it helps, I voted no. ;)

---------- Post added 19-02-2016 at 17:27 ----------

To be fair to Eric he did start this thread as a consequence of someone suggesting something similar for cyclists and he was trying to show how stupid it was...

Oh stoppit, you will have me blushing.

---------- Post added 19-02-2016 at 17:29 ----------

I would prefer a implanted chip with everything from passport, driving licence credits cards all loaded on it so that I have everything I could need without the hassle of carrying it.

Hmm, this isn't as silly as it seems at first look. If the chip was my chip, in my control, accessed by who I wanted to access it, etc, I probably go for it if the convenience pay off was high enough and the safeguards were cast iron.