The Graham Norton Show

steved32

I think Graham Norton has a more interesting format than Ross, and certainly he seems to make the guests feel more relaxed which results in a more revealing interview

Yes he has a knack of bringing all his guests together on his sofa, and makes it seem like a friendly late night party.

Soooo...

What this thread boils down to is that four people out of x million viewers/listeners don't like one of the BBC stars.

Who cares? Its not just about YOU.

Learn to switch over.

Make that five, and that's more than 50% of people who replied on the thread.

Graham Norton has had his day and has managed to hang on for at least another ten years on a ridiculous salary that is an insult to license payers, by what stroke of fate, I do not know.

Ross doesn't even merit discussion.

Graham Norton has had his day and has managed to hang on for at least another ten years on a ridiculous salary that is an insult to license payers, by what stroke of fate, I do not know.

Well I'm no expert but it might have something to do with the fact that his show still pulls in around 4-5 million viewers each episode and is currently sold to 15 different countries around the world.

Its constantly well above any offering from the commercial channels. I say again, just because YOU don't like it, who cares.

Popular talent that makes money keeps their job and gets paid. Don't worry, as soon as the ratings drop and saleability ends they will soon drop him.

I just don't get the point of silly threads like this. Its one thing having a criticism or rant but this talk about "ridiculous monies" and "insults to licence payers" is just silly. Who are you to impose your personal tastes on others.

Its about popularity.

Me PERSONALLY,I cant stand Eastenders. I could say that All the cast members are overpaid, its an insult to me and licence payers. It should be stopped immediately . BUT, im not going to say such a stupid thing because I cannot argue with the fact that EE gets millions of viewers each night and makes a fortune for the BBC and its commercial arms.

We ALL pay tv licence and sometimes we accept that not EVERYTHING is made for our own personal tastes. Get over it.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Watch it every now and then, which is more than I can say for almost all of the 'popular' TV stuff. I quite like it, good guests and he has a good sense of humour. After seeing hundreds (not quite, but many) attempts in the Netherlands to reproduce US talkshows (You know, Leno, Conan, Letterman etc.) I can only say - be pleased Norton has his own format!

Well I'm no expert but it might have something to do with the fact that his show still pulls in around 4-5 million viewers each episode and is currently sold to 15 different countries around the world.

Its constantly well above any offering from the commercial channels. I say again, just because YOU don't like it, who cares.

Popular talent that makes money keeps their job and gets paid. Don't worry, as soon as the ratings drop and saleability ends they will soon drop him.

I just don't get the point of silly threads like this. Its one thing having a criticism or rant but this talk about "ridiculous monies" and "insults to licence payers" is just silly. Who are you to impose your personal tastes on others.

Its about popularity.

Me PERSONALLY,I cant stand Eastenders. I could say that All the cast members are overpaid, its an insult to me and licence payers. It should be stopped immediately . BUT, im not going to say such a stupid thing because I cannot argue with the fact that EE gets millions of viewers each night and makes a fortune for the BBC and its commercial arms.

We ALL pay tv licence and sometimes we accept that not EVERYTHING is made for our own personal tastes. Get over it.

Back to school sunshine, there's a good lad :rolleyes:

Its about popularity.

As long as the BBC collects a license fee, they need to be accountable to license fee payers. The BBC have always paid stupid amounts to 'names' whose careers are long over. I for one am sick of paying a premium to the talentless old boys and girls' retirement in Marbella fund.