Propaganda' for George Osborne's so-called 'Living Wage

Have you heard the radio ads?

When I first heard them, I thought they were just pushing the living wage, they give 10 seconds of information, and then its just a plug for the Conservative policy, and they spent almost £5 million on the ad campaign. Have you seen/heard the ads?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tories-blow-495-million-public-7388723#ICID=sharebar_facebook

Government department spends taxpayer money raising awareness of new minimum wage law shocker.

£5 million is pretty cheap for a national campaign across television, radio and printed media. That whole article in the Mirror is about the Lib Dems 'might' make a complaint to the Electoral Commission, even though it's already been cleared. Total non story.

Did the Daily Mirror kick off about how much Labour spent on all those self congratulatory Tax Credit advert campaigns? How about the AimHigher funding ad campaigns? The Climate Change ones?

People in glass houses and all that.....

I agree its a complete non story.

Typical daily mirror. Don't know why they don't just merge with the Morning Star and get on with it.

Edited by ECCOnoob

I agree its a complete non story.

Typical daily mirror. Don't know why they don't just merge with the Morning Star and get on with it.

I thought that the ad was propaganda before I saw the story in the Mirror; just because Labour did the same, doesn't make it right.

I thought that the ad was propaganda before I saw the story in the Mirror; just because Labour did the same, doesn't make it right.

So how do people entitled to the living wage know they are entitled to the living wage? It's public information, just like the stupid pension adverts.

Tory propaganda, really. The OP must be watching a totally different ad to the one I've been seeing on TV.

To quote the_bloke "Government department spends taxpayer money raising awareness of new minimum wage law shocker"

Tory propaganda, really. The OP must be watching a totally different ad to the one I've been seeing on TV.

I guess I think about different things, compared to most folk ;)

An advert featuring a man strutting down a street in hotpants and high heels received the most complaints in 2015, the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has revealed.