Sports direct being sports direct again

I agree tz.......

---------- Post added 21-02-2016 at 17:29 ----------

So why hasn't the local job centre sanctioned the benefits of locals who refuse a job?

This is a good question. Admittedly the houses in question are being used by temp workers only - not permanent ones. I'd be interested to see the amount of local people who work there permanently.

The other question(s) is that were local people offered the work and if they weren't why not.

This is a good question. Admittedly the houses in question are being used by temp workers only - not permanent ones. I'd be interested to see the amount of local people who work there permanently.

The other question(s) is that were local people offered the work and if they weren't why not.

Sports Direct warehouse 'won't give Britons jobs': Labour MP claims English speakers are snubbed for positions with the chain 'despite 3,000 people working there'

John Mann, MP for Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, made the claim

Said English speakers 'can't get jobs' at Sports Direct in Derbyshire

British workers living in his constituency near Sports Direct’s 800,000 square foot Shirebrook warehouse were snubbed for jobs at the Derbyshire site, he said.

‘Everyone in our area knows you can’t get a job in the warehouse at Sports Direct if you are an English native speaker despite 3,000 people working there,’ Mr Mann told MPs.

What evidence did he have to make the claim? What action did he take to deal with this issue in his area?

Yesterday Labour’s Chuka Umunna triggered an emergency debate into the company.

Mr Umunna, the former shadow business secretary, said Sports Direct was a ‘bad advert for British business’.

Speaker John Bercow revealed that the Treasury had tried to block the debate, claiming it was ‘not urgent and should not be aired’.

Labour MP Dennis Skinner, who has the Shirebrook warehouse in his constituency, said of the billionaire owner, Mike Ashley: ‘That man has not made £6billion because he’s a considerate employer. He’s a monster of a man that doesn’t even reply to MPs’ letters – I’ve sent him many.’

....and I ask again.

What has the company done that is illegal?

What has the company done which is against either English Employment Regulations or EU Laws?

What has the company done that has directly caused alleged problems in the Shirebook / Mansfield Areas?

The windbags can talk all they want about ethics and morals and bad influences and setting examples.

Its a business. Its there to make money.

It provides extremely cheap products which WE the public lap up from their stores.

How the hell do people think it makes money AND sells its goods so cheap.

Not often I agree with Bercow but he is damn right. There is a war going on, a migrant crisis and a potential massively changing referendum coming up. Until we stop shopping there, who gives a toss what Umunna and old fart Skinner have to whinge about some company.

Edited by ECCOnoob

zhc/agency type jobs no wonder the british don't want to work there :roll: meanwhile the immigrants who like to share ten to a house will lap the jobs up. we have supposedly educated people running this country but cant see the wood for the trees:loopy:. 500 permanent jobs(paye) and 3500 agency workers who will be classed as self employed so not paying much tax and a company paying even less. when will they ever learn :hihi:

....and I ask again.

What has the company done that is illegal?

What has the company done which is against either English Employment Regulations or EU Laws?

What has the company done that has directly caused alleged problems in the Shirebook / Mansfield Areas?

The windbags can talk all they want about ethics and morals and bad influences and setting examples.

Its a business. Its there to make money.

It provides extremely cheap products which WE the public lap up from their stores.

How the hell do people think it makes money AND sells its goods so cheap.

Not often I agree with Bercow but he is damn right. There is a war going on, a migrant crisis and a potential massively changing referendum coming up. Until we stop shopping there, who gives a toss what Umunna and old fart Skinner have to whinge about some company.

The housing they are using for temp workers doesn't look up to snuff but arguably that's down to the agency anyway. But checks and balances etc.

But apart from that, there's nothing illegal in hiring EU workers for legal wages.

---------- Post added 21-02-2016 at 18:24 ----------

zhc/agency type jobs no wonder the british don't want to work there :roll: meanwhile the immigrants who like to share ten to a house will lap the jobs up. we have supposedly educated people running this country but cant see the wood for the trees:loopy:. 500 permanent jobs(paye) and 3500 agency workers who will be classed as self employed so not paying much tax and a company paying even less. when will they ever learn :hihi:

Where does it say the agency workers are self employed? I must have missed that. Unless it isn't there.

Sports Direct warehouse 'won't give Britons jobs': Labour MP claims English speakers are snubbed for positions with the chain 'despite 3,000 people working there'

John Mann, MP for Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, made the claim

Said English speakers 'can't get jobs' at Sports Direct in Derbyshire

British workers living in his constituency near Sports Direct’s 800,000 square foot Shirebrook warehouse were snubbed for jobs at the Derbyshire site, he said.

‘Everyone in our area knows you can’t get a job in the warehouse at Sports Direct if you are an English native speaker despite 3,000 people working there,’ Mr Mann told MPs.

It isn't surprising when you have polish work agency's in the uk supplying polish workers= http://easypoland.co.uk

Read the why to employ polish workers paragraph...

It wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of business arrangement between Sports Direct and the agency. I also wouldn't be surprised if the workers had a lot of creative deductions taken from their salary by agency to claw back the money from that deal.