Boris Johnson and Brexit

I voiced my apprehensions about popularism in relation to the comment - Offer the voters what they want and they will vote for you. Offer voters what the party membership want and they may not.

[/i]

On that subject I just saw an opinion poll of Labour Party members conducted last week on the subject of Jeremy Corbyn. It had me in stitches because these guys are so out of touch with the voters, including Labour voters, it is almost sureal.

Asked if Corbyn should stand down if Labour perform badly in May most said he should carry on. Asked if he stood down who should replace him, the overwhelming favourite was John McDonnell. Those guys just give us gifts every day. I will post a link if it becomes available.

On that subject I just saw an opinion poll of Labour Party members conducted last week on the subject of Jeremy Corbyn. It had me in stitches because these guys are so out of touch with the voters, including Labour voters, it is almost sureal.

Asked if Corbyn should stand down if Labour perform badly in May most said he should carry on. Asked if he stood down who should replace him, the overwhelming favourite was John McDonnell. Those guys just give us gifts every day. I will post a link if it becomes available.

And your point is?

And your point is?

It is about politicians who connect with the voters and their aspirations rather than politicians who click with a sycophantic party membership. "Offer the voters what they want and they will vote for you. Offer voters what the party membership want and they may not."

It is about politicians who connect with the voters and their aspirations rather than politicians who click with a sycophantic party membership. "Offer the voters what they want and they will vote for you. Offer voters what the party membership want and they may not."

I prefer my politicians to show leadership rather than rely upon focus groups and advisors to tell them what the public wants.

lol, are you referring to me? Surely you're not relying upon lazy stereotypes to judge people , only a fool would do that.

Did I mention you. Only a fool would think that unless it were an accurate description. Mind you I did like your comment about "I prefer my politicians to show leadership rather than rely upon focus groups and advisors to tell them what the public wants". I presume you only like politicians who show leadership when that leadership is with the policies you like. Which they presumably arrive at by asking the public or focus groups. :hihi::hihi::hihi: Or will you be voting for Cameron for showing leadership but with policies you probably don't like?

Edited by foxy lady

Did I mention you. Only a fool would think that unless it were an accurate description. Mind you I did like your comment about "I prefer my politicians to show leadership rather than rely upon focus groups and advisors to tell them what the public wants". I presume you only like politicians who show leadership when that leadership is with the policies you like. Which they presumably arrive at by asking the public or focus groups. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I have been wondering for a while why you post disparaging comments about Corbyn in reply to some of my posts. If you're sure I was a fan of Corbyn, you could really show me up by highlighting a few posts where I have supported him. Until then, I'm afraid that you are looking a little daft.

I also never said I only liked my politicians to show leadership, so try again on that score.

I have been wondering for a while why you post disparaging comments about Corbyn in reply to some of my posts. If you're sure I was a fan of Corbyn, you could really show me up by highlighting a few posts where I have supported him. Until then, I'm afraid that you are looking a little daft.

I also never said I only liked my politicians to show leadership, so try again on that score.

I never mentioned you being a fan of Corbyn. That's another thing in your imagination. But if you aren't ashamed of who you support you could perhaps enlighten the world.

I note that you are back pedaling again.

I prefer my politicians to show leadership rather than rely upon focus groups and advisors to tell them what the public wants.
Edited by foxy lady

I never mention you being a fan of Corbyn. That's another thing in your imagination.

So why post disparaging comments about Corbyn in reply to my posts?

I note that you are back pedaling again.

Not at all. I'm not sure if you've noticed but I did say I preferred as opposed to only liked, which in my book means two different things.