What's your favourite local restaurant and why?

LifeOfStyle

For the best chinese dim sum in the (or at least my) world go to china palace on silver street, doncaster.

I have tried dim sum in london, manchester, brum, sheffield and kuala Lumpur.

Doncaster is still the best

Can't go to Baan Thai as it makes me laugh - had a funny moment or two with chinese friends after mis pronouncing it's name a little.

West 10 in Ranmoor.

Abso-blummin-lutely fabulous food, top notch indeedy in pleasant intimate surroundings. The food is on a par with the wines and champers, and mine host Mr Higgingbottom is a fan of Vuerve Cliquoet Ponsardin - THE champagne for a summer's evening. (He also stocks Cloudy Bay wine and a cheaper though very similar wine from New Zealand which saves you about £15 per bottle).

It's a smashing place with a lovely atmosphere. It has a little sun terrace for summer too. It's just how I imagine a bistro should be.

It's a little expensive but that can only be a good thing: it keeps life's tab ends out.

For pub grub, The Sportsman at Hallam takes some beating.

Has anybody tried or heard things about Catch or Artisan (formerly Thyme) in Crosspool? I keep meaning to try Catch as I'm a big seafood lover but haven't yet got round to it. On a separate but related note 'Artisan' has to be one of the most stupid names for a restaurant that I have ever heard.

Has anybody tried or heard things about Catch or Artisan (formerly Thyme) in Crosspool? I keep meaning to try Catch as I'm a big seafood lover but haven't yet got round to it. On a separate but related note Artisan has to be one of the most stupid names for a restaurant that I have ever heard.

I've heard that Catch is very good, if you like seafood obviously, but a bit pricey.

I've heard that Catch is very good, if you like seafood obviously, but a bit pricey.

Seafood restaurants are great. After all, nothing says 'special' quite like seafood.

Actually, I went to my favourite restaurant on the Fylde coast last Friday; I had foie gras parfait with truffle air to start, followed by Three cuts of Forest of Bowland Beef in a green peppercorn sauce and served with dripping fat cut chips and finally rounded off with a Banana Butty Creme Brulee. Divine! And the proprietor Caroline gave us a free bottle of champagne because I wrote kind words about them in the Times.

Archived