Does the BBC have a Pro-EU Bias?

I get what you are saying BUT, they can only be impartial if there is a no campaign story or statement or speech to report.

News of any time from any angle can only be reported when they have something.

As other have said, with exception of the usual attention seekers, I have heard very little actual cohesive details from the OUT campaign.

IMO, the "impartiality" line thrown at the BBC is often misunderstood. Is not as simple as black vs white. If there is a story about Starbucks not paying their tax they don't have to automatically balance it out with a story about Costa paying theirs properly.

Its more about not reporting flatly. Matter of fact . Not giving an angle or opinion all over it - (eg: fox news or RT)

Edited by ECCOnoob

Except the BBC are supposed to be impartial, not bow to the slicker campaigning. For each leading pro-EU headline, I expect to see a pro-Exit headline the next day, for balance. After all, I don't really get a choice whether or not to fund their reporting.

Er no. So if I start a campaign for the third way to split the EU in half I should get a third of the coverage even though my plans are unworkable and batcrap crazy?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35615604

3-3 now,this is turning out to be a great game.

EDIT: 3-4 after that JFK goal

You're not playing the game. I could quite easily Google out dozens of pro-EU stories and we could play at making it 25-20 or whatever. That's not the point.

The referendum campaign officially started this week. The leading news homepage is what millions of people see. The peak times for reading news are lunchtime and evening. That is my methodology. This is where the BBC will have its influence. Let's see how it plays out.

So far: 3-0.

---------- Post added 23-02-2016 at 22:07 ----------

Its more about not reporting flatly. Matter of fact . Not giving an angle or opinion all over it - (eg: fox news or RT)

If a story is about, say, a letter (written at taxpayer's expense by No.10, incidentally) being signed by a minority of business leaders warning of job losses, would you say the headline "EU exit puts jobs at risk" is not giving an angle on the story? They could equally infer the headline "Majority of business leaders not worried about EU exit", but they didn't.

You're not playing the game. I could quite easily Google out dozens of pro-EU stories and we could play at making it 25-20 or whatever. That's not the point.

The referendum campaign officially started this week. The leading news homepage is what millions of people see. The peak times for reading news are lunchtime and evening. That is my methodology. This is where the BBC will have its influence. Let's see how it plays out.

So far: 3-0.

:hihi:

This is funny... you're the referee who is making his own rules up.

In which case can I have a tenner on a home win please? :D

Im not sure that much influence. Its not even in the headlines on the BBC news homepage at the moment.

Mars bars are higher up in the coverage.

Yes, if you look at my 3 headlines so far, this evening is missing as there was no leading EU story. The power station explosion kind of overshadowed it. I don't think you can argue the BBC doesn't have much influence. I would say it's the single most influential media source in the country. If millions of people are bombarded with pro-EU headlines on the main news page every day, then it will have an influence.