Does the BBC have a Pro-EU Bias?

The immigration theme is a dead horse in this debate and referendum. However much you flog it, however much the coalface reality of the issue may irk you.

I think it irks you that it isn't a dead horse! Immigration is the number one concern in this country whether you like it or not. For all your waffle, the fact remains that the EU imposes freedom of movement of people and if we want FULL control over our who we let, who allow to stay and what benefits we are willing to pay migrants, then we have to vote to leave.

You are right though that the immigration theme is dead in this debate... which is supposed to be about BBC pro-EU bias!

I think it irks you that it isn't a dead horse!
:rolleyes:

What irks me that it is a policy theme which is completely and disingenuously misrepresented through populist rethoric in the context of the Brexit debate: neither side is acknowledging the elephant in the room, which is the significantly larger, significantly more expensive (in all terms: policing, supporting and lesser-contributing) and not-stopping-anytime-soon non-EU immigration, and which is the sole remit of the UK government and legislative apparatus, and about which the EU and the Brexit debate are completely and utterly irrelevant.

But you know all that already.

Immigration is the number one concern in this country whether you like it or not.
I've long been well aware of the fact.

But perish the notion that people should be educated about which national or supranational body they elect directly or indirectly is responsible for what aspect of immigration, eh?

On with the furreiner bashing, it's less taxing on the grey matter :|

For all your waffle, the fact remains that the EU imposes freedom of movement of people and if we want FULL control over our who we let, who allow to stay and what benefits we are willing to pay migrants, then we have to vote to leave.
For all my waffle, even if the vote is for Brexit, the UK will still have no choice but to consent to free movement of EU workers into the UK if it wants access to the EU market. Expect to see the EU wanting the UK to sign up to Schengen if the UK wants FULL access to the EU market. How I would laugh then :twisted:

I've always suspected the BBC lack impartiality with certain topics and seem to have a definite political leaning. However, never has this been more apparent to me than with the possible Brexit. In my view, their headlines and stories have displayed a pro-EU leaning. I want to stick to facts though, so let's use this thread to keep a log of their main BBC News website leading headlines.

Since the referendum campaign kicked off, the leading referendum headlines have been:

Monday 22/2/16 (lunchtime): "EU exit is a 'security risk'"

Monday 22/2/16 (evening): "EU exit is a 'leap in the dark'"

Tuesday 23/2/16 (lunchtime): "EU exit would 'risk jobs'"

All 3 of the headlines so far are scaremongering against leaving the EU. The "risk jobs" quote is particularly dubious since the survey they were using was based on 36 out of 100 leading businesses signing a letter warning of job insecurity (i.e. 64, a majority, didn't sign it).

Let's see how this plays out in the coming months. I could be wrong so it will be interesting to see.

The BBC is biased towards any neo liberal tory policy, line and party members. Anything to do with the royal family, election times, protests, brexit.....it's biased to the core.

---------- Post added 20-05-2016 at 16:04 ----------

80% of the major news channels are right wing owned. They will do anything to lobby against a Labour government.

The BBC is biased towards any neo liberal tory policy, line and party members. Anything to do with the royal family, election times, protests, brexit.....it's biased to the core.

---------- Post added 20-05-2016 at 16:04 ----------

80% of the major news channels are right wing owned. They will do anything to lobby against a Labour government.

Where do labour stand on the EU?

:rolleyes:

What irks me that it is a policy theme which is completely and disingenuously misrepresented through populist rethoric in the context of the Brexit debate: neither side is acknowledging the elephant in the room, which is the significantly larger, significantly more expensive (in all terms: policing, supporting and lesser-contributing) and not-stopping-anytime-soon non-EU immigration, and which is the sole remit of the UK government and legislative apparatus, and about which the EU and the Brexit debate are completely and utterly irrelevant.

But you know all that already.

I've long been well aware of the fact.

But perish the notion that people should be educated about which national or supranational body they elect directly or indirectly is responsible for what aspect of immigration, eh?

People are well aware of the EU and non-EU distinction. Yes, non-EU migration also needs reducing but there are 6-7 times as many people in the rest of the world ad that makes the migration from the EU disproportionately high. And that is because there is zero screening for 'usefulness'.

On with the furreiner bashing, it's less taxing on the grey matter :|

For all my waffle, even if the vote is for Brexit, the UK will still have no choice but to consent to free movement of EU workers into the UK if it wants access to the EU market. Expect to see the EU wanting the UK to sign up to Schengen if the UK wants FULL access to the EU market. How I would laugh then :twisted:

L00b, please don't lower yourself to the standards of other 'debaters' by claiming my issues with immigration are 'furreiner bashing' racism. I simply want selective immigration so the benefits of immigration are greater and the strain of housing, schools, health and welfare are less. It is not unreasonable and it is not racist.

As for us still having to accept free movement in order to trade with the EU following an exit... BS! The rest of the world trade with the EU without such a condition impsed on them don't they? There is no reason, other than spite, that the EU would do it. And they won't do it because their businesses, corporations and the people working for them will not stand for it and because the EU has it's own financial crisis to deal with and can't afford to do it.

Any one who thinks that this debate has nothing to do do with immigration from the EU should take a walk around Firth Park and Fir Vale areas of Sheffield as well as Eastwood in Rotherham.

according to loobs post(203) all these people will now not be getting benefits because they failed to find work in the 6 months they been here :loopy::D. they don't look like they going without to me :hihi:

Where do labour stand on the EU?

Corbyn wants out. The party line is tepidly in.

---------- Post added 21-05-2016 at 12:38 ----------

Any one who thinks that this debate has nothing to do do with immigration from the EU should take a walk around Firth Park and Fir Vale areas of Sheffield as well as Eastwood in Rotherham.

Or page hall