jemson

Saturday 19st March

Yorkshire Meet the Brewer Day at Mr Pickles’

Venue: Mr Pickles’ Yorkshire Food Emporium

Date: Sat 19th March

Buses: to Abbeydale Road 97, 98, 75, 76

Time: 12-5pm

Cost: free entry

Join Yorkshire food and drink store, Mr Pickles’, as they host an informal Meet the Brewer event as part of Sheffield Beer Week. Always eager to share the best the region has to offer, Mr Pickles’ has invited along some of their favourite breweries including Leeds based Northern Monk and Sheffield’s North Union and Lost Industry.

Head to the store for a relaxed chat with the brewers, beer tasters and Yorkshire food pairings. The event will take place from 12 noon to 5pm and a full schedule of the event will be available closer to the time on the Mr Pickles’ blog at http://www.mrpicklesfoodstore.co.uk/food-blog/.

Abbeydale Brewery Beer Tasting

Venue: The Devonshire Cat, 49 Wellington St, S1 4HG

Time: 12.30pm

Cost: Free entry

Fancy an introduction to Abbeydale Brewery with a beer tasting session hosted by Dev Cat General Manager Liz Casserly? Can’t decide on your pre rugby pint? Try them all before watching all the try’s on the big screen. Details at the main bar of the Dev Cat.

Sheffield Beer Week Twitter Hour: The Ingredients of Beer

Venue: Sentinel Brewhouse & Taproom, 178, Shoreham St. S1 4SQ.

Time: 6-7pm

Sentinel Brewing Co has an educational angle – hosting beer courses for all levels and will have a brewhouse on site. This a great location to open up discussion on this topic aiming to demystify the brewing process and what goes into your glass of beer. We will be launching this Twitter hosted session 6pm-7pm. Use #SheffBeerWeek to get involved in the conversation online.

---------- Post added 24-02-2016 at 15:11 ----------

Sunday 20th March

Sheff Beer Week Closing Event Hosted at Sentinel Brewhouse & Taproom

Venue: Sentinel Brewhouse & Taproom, 178, Shoreham St. S1 4SQ.

Date: Sun 20th March

Time: 2-6pm

Detail to be confirmed at this new beer focused venue opening for Sheffield Beer Week. Watch their progress online: Sentinel Brewhouse Facebook

Afterhours Sheff Beer Week Closing Party Hosted at Picture House Social

Venue: Picture House Social, 383 Abbeydale Road, Nether Edge, Sheffield. S7 1FS.

Date: Sun 20th March

Time: 6pm

Details to be confirmed, but expect music, beer, beer cocktails, pizzas and late night partying in the mix.

---------- Post added 24-02-2016 at 15:12 ----------

Launch Events

Sheffield Beer Week Launch at True North Brew Co.

Venue: True North Brew Co, 47 Eldon Street, S1 4GY

Date: Sat 12th March

Time: 2pm – 6pm

Cost: Free entry, book tickets via Eventbrite

Join us at True North Brew Co’s new brewhouse and tap room in Sheffield city centre to celebrate the launch of Sheffield Beer Week. A big thanks to True North Brew Co for hosting us in their new brew house and tap room very early in its launch. The current space is a work in progress and is in the first phase of redevelopment. It’s greatly appreciated that they’ve opened their doors to Sheffield Beer Week earlier than planned, in order to celebrate beer in this great city. Please continue on with the launch fun at The Old House, just 5 minutes around the corner after 6pm. Numbers limited due to capacity. Sign up on Sheffield Beer Week’s mailing list at this event to be in with a chance of winning two Beer X Festival tickets (on one day of winner’s choice. Wed-Sat availability at Ice Sheffield, Coleridge Rd, Sheffield, Yorkshire S9 5DA. beerx.org).

Sheffield Beer Week Launch Continued!

Venue: The Old House, 113-117 Devonshire St. S3 7SB

Date: Sat 12th March

Time: 6pm

Cost: Free entryAfter a sneaky peek of True North Brew Co’s new brewhouse, please join us to continue the fun at The Old House from 6pm. A welcoming friendly pub with 6 handpulls and a fantastic array of World beers including a dedicated Belgian selection.

I tripped on my way home last night and fell half a mile in the opposite direction landing in the shakey...

Caribbean Chocolate Cake, Wild Brett-Brett, Cloudwater Double IPA... that'll do for a starter!

Not a massive fan of the Brett-Brett but i think the other two should keep me going.

Not a massive fan of the Brett-Brett but i think the other two should keep me going.

I had the Brett-Brett at Wild's pub in Cheltenham when it first came out, and was far from impressed... however, as one might expect from a bretted beer, 6 months aging has done it a world of good!

• 2 weeks later...