Is our Country's system fair to all.

Why mention Harry then? William had fair grades so entry to a Uni would have been easy for him. Joe Bloggs with the same grades would have had 120 UCAS points. If he had A's in all three subjects he would only have had an extra 24 points. Your assertion that Joe Bloggs wouldn't have got into University with his grades is completely wrong.

By Comparison, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, (Kate Middleton) obtained 2 A's and a B at A Level and attended the same University as William.

You may have meant entry into St Andrews University, which is a whole different argument and less about entry qualifications and more about security and family ties.

---------- Post added 25-02-2016 at 16:31 ----------

Thats wrong. An A-Level grade B is worth 40 points, so you are 100 points off there.

Don't think so...look at the table at the bottom:

http://www.universityfinder.org.uk/ucas-points-calculator.html

No idea where you got your figures from...the bits that confused me are the AS levels part. I thought to take an A-Level you had to take the AS Level? Anyway, lets not derail the thread here, the point is that both William and Harry had the required academic qualifications to attend Sandhurst which was the point in doubt.

Don't think so...look at the table at the bottom:

http://www.universityfinder.org.uk/ucas-points-calculator.html

No idea where you got your figures from...the bits that confused me are the AS levels part. I thought to take an A-Level you had to take the AS Level? Anyway, lets not derail the thread here, the point is that both William and Harry had the required academic qualifications to attend Sandhurst which was the point in doubt.

Knock yourself out.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/entry-requirements/tariff/calculator

You really do look at things upside down and almost always end up with the wrong end of the stick.

Really? Are you sure it's me who has got the 'wrong end of the stick?'

Try having a read of this in today's Daily Mail (25.2.16. Page 30.) Headline:

'Why children born today now have less chance of bettering their lives than those born in 1946.' Byline: 'That's the irrefutable - and devastating - conclusion of a 70-year study that shames our political elite.'

It makes interesting reading. So not just me then...

Oh dear the same old wealthy & privileged claptrap, as one or two have already stated 'life ain't fair', we can't all be rich, we can't all be gifted academically, athletically or have good looks and a great personality, and we will always need people who will do the crappy jobs ..... just be grateful for decent health and some happiness, some get neither or very little ..... with or without wealth !

Edited by Michael_W

Oh dear the same old wealthy & privileged claptrap, as one or two have already stated 'life ain't fair', we can't all be rich, we can't all be gifted academically, athletically or have good looks and a great personality, and we will always need people who will do the crappy jobs ..... just be grateful for decent health and some happiness, some get neither or very little ..... with or without wealth !

I don't think that you've grasped the point of this thread. This thread is moaning about situations when the people who are gifted academically are being looked over for those whose dad knows the right person.

I don't think that you've grasped the point of this thread. This thread is moaning about situations when the people who are gifted academically are being looked over for those whose dad knows the right person.

I have grasped the point thanks , just thought I would make a point of my own, people at all levels get overlooked for those who dad (or even mum) knows, it has always helped people get on by knowing others even in the road sweeping department !

Harry didn't go to Uni though. He went to Eton, then took a gap year and then enlisted in the Army.

Back to my question about your comment below:

Which "Royal" are you referring to as by your own admission, Harry never attended University.

I bet there's no other helicopter pilot in the army with just a B in art and a D in geography :hihi: (180 UCAS points required)

I like him though. He didn't choose to be a prince

Edited by lil-minx92

I bet there's no other helicopter pilot in the army with just a B in art and a D in geography :hihi: (180 UCAS points required)

I like him though. He didn't choose to be a prince

Do you have to have to hold a commission to fly in the British Army? If not, I'm sure there's plenty who don't even have A levels who fly helicopters.

Do you have to have to hold a commission to fly in the British Army? If not, I'm sure there's plenty who don't even have A levels who fly helicopters.

You reckon????

My experience was really rather different.

---------- Post added 25-02-2016 at 21:44 ----------

180 UCAS points which I think is 2 full A-Levels at grade B or above or 3 A-levels at grade D. Not included AS levels as they were after my time so I don't really know how they fit in here. So Harry's grades were high enough to get into Sandhurst. Whether he got in via 'connections' is subjective. As I was at Sandhurst with him I know he was actually highly regarded and viewed as an extremely good Officer Cadet. (Females are in their own section at Sandhurst so I didn't directly train with him, there are also 3 intakes a year at Sandhurst and I started at a different time to him).

You name dropper you. ;)