Can I enforce a no-fly zone over our house ?

Can I enforce a no-fly zone over our house ?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Can I enforce a no-fly zone over our house ?

• Yes
    • No

The wife is complaining again about the amount of aeroplanes flying over our house . The Vulcan used to regularly fly over and was very noisy . Despite the fact the Vulcan is no longer flying , the wife still is not happy .:(

Is there anything I can do to make my wife happy ? :confused:

I find it very annoying when people from around Finningley Airport complain of aircraft noise, especially considering that all the houses/villages around there were initially built with RAF Finningley in mind. If you don't like the aircraft noise then move, I live on a busy road, yes I wish that wasn't so but it was here when I bought my house so you deal with it.

The wife is complaining again about the amount of aeroplanes flying over our house . The Vulcan used to regularly fly over and was very noisy . Despite the fact the Vulcan is no longer flying , the wife still is not happy .:(

Yes you can. You need to apply to the CAA for a RA centred on your house up to an appropriate height AGL. That will be marked on pilot's charts and they are expected to comply with them as per CAP 393.

Simple! :)

The AN 124 just now would have made her very happy I am sure.

I assume you live near finningley with the vulcan flying over. Well thats what you should expect when you live near the airport ....

Its like living near the motorway and complaining about the amount of cars

its what you get when you live somewhere

A little word of warning to the relevant air authorities (be they CAA or RAF) stating that 'er indoors, as well as having the world's largest collection of laser pens, suffers very badly from epileptic seizures/convulsions, should pretty much clear the skies of anything man-made of the winged variety. :thumbsup: