Can I enforce a no-fly zone over our house ?

Can I enforce a no-fly zone over our house ?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Can I enforce a no-fly zone over our house ?

• Yes
    • No

I assume you live near finningley with the vulcan flying over. Well thats what you should expect when you live near the airport ....

Its like living near the motorway and complaining about the amount of cars

its what you get when you live somewhere

I always find myself irritated by people who move next to a church with bells, a busy road, an airport or a railway line and then complain about the noise and try to take out court orders to stop it!! The general policy is who was there first has priority

I assume you live near finningley with the vulcan flying over. Well thats what you should expect when you live near the airport ....

Its like living near the motorway and complaining about the amount of cars

its what you get when you live somewhere

Retford/Gamston airport is the closest , but it is the bigger aeroplanes using Finningley which the wife is moaning about.

---------- Post added 26-02-2016 at 09:03 ----------

I always find myself irritated by people who move next to a church with bells, a busy road, an airport or a railway line and then complain about the noise and try to take out court orders to stop it!! The general policy is who was there first has priority

I have tried explaing the cricket field logic to the wife , but in fairness to her, the flight path of the aeroplanes seems to have changed over the last few years and we were in this house before Finingley changed to a passenger airport .

---------- Post added 26-02-2016 at 09:06 ----------

Let her have a divorce.

:):):):):):)

She still might not be happy , if she gets the house with the aeroplanes still flying over .

Retford/Gamston airport is the closest , but it is the bigger aeroplanes using Finningley which the wife is moaning about.

---------- Post added 26-02-2016 at 09:03 ----------

I have tried explaing the cricket field logic to the wife , but in fairness to her, the flight path of the aeroplanes seems to have changed over the last few years and we were in this house before Finingley changed to a passenger airport .

90% of them won't be making much noise at all then because they are all throttled back on approach. Be glad that you don't live in Bawtry, take her there for a few glasses of wine and make her grateful. ;)

I find it very annoying when people from around Finningley Airport complain of aircraft noise, especially considering that all the houses/villages around there were initially built with RAF Finningley in mind. If you don't like the aircraft noise then move, I live on a busy road, yes I wish that wasn't so but it was here when I bought my house so you deal with it.

Quite a few small race tracks have been closed because of this phenomenon & a few larger more well known such as Castle Combe.

Houses have been built near EXISTING tracks that have been there for years, people move into the new houses then complain about the noise.

Personally people who move into areas where there are pre-existing amenities that produce noise should be told "tough luck, move if you don't like it!"

The wife is complaining again about the amount of aeroplanes flying over our house . The Vulcan used to regularly fly over and was very noisy . Despite the fact the Vulcan is no longer flying , the wife still is not happy .:(

Is there anything I can do to make my wife happy ? :confused:

Tell the wife the authorities has agreed to fly slighty to the left and right of your house instead of directly over.:P

Personally, i'd swop her for something that doesn't whinge.

Tell the wife the authorities has agreed to fly slighty to the left and right of your house instead of directly over.:P

Personally, i'd swop her for something that doesn't whinge.

Yes that is worth a try, smart thinking :thumbsup:

I am very happy how the poll is going because it gives me an unprecedented mandate to do nothing and still be able to tell the wife with a clear conscience every effort was made in trying to stop the aeroplanes flying directly over her airspace.