Can anyone tell me will scrapmen take used electric cables?

We have removed a lot of used cables whilst removing a floor in our house

If I put it out on drive will the scarpmen take the cable?

Sounds like a scene from some kind of horror novel. 'The Scarpmen' sure conjures up that sort of thing for me.

I guess the scarpmen normally live quietly under the floorboards and live off electricity by illegally tapping the house's plug socket circuit, but take umbrage when the new houseowner rips up not only the floorboards, but also the electricity 'feed'.

Faced with almost certain starvation, the scarpmen become vindictive and violent. The homeowners endure a series of escalating, unexplainable 'incidents' … the cat has his whiskers tied into knots, the goldfish has a pinp-pong ball 'bouyancy tank' Blu-tacked to his pectoral fins, resulting in upside-down swimming, the TV will only play Jeremy Kyle … that sort of thing.

Then, the stairs move six inches to the left, the carpets are glued to the ceiling … more scary things.

Father O'Christmas, the local priest is called in to investigate what are know thought of as hauntings … he deduces that it's all the fault of the restless/homeless scarpmen.

There's only one way to make them stop, they must be appeased.

Over the next seven days, the homeowners strip every piece of electrical cable from under the floorboards, leaving it outside on the drive, as a peace offering/restitution for the scarpmen, in the slim hope that they'll drag it to the woods and live happily ever after in the trees:

Little do they know about the penguins! … :o

---------- Post added 26-02-2016 at 09:13 ----------

Was that you pete, who's just amended the thread title? :roll::mad:

Edited by Alcoblog

Nope!...Not guilty!

Your vivid imagination never ceases to amaze me!...I'll be checking at home a bit later for the people under the floorboards! Eeeeek!

You don't need a vivid imagination when the thread title is 'Can anyone tell me will scarpmen take used electric cables?'. A Bible and holy water'd be a lot more appropriate in this instance. :P