Just bought a car, need advice about tax

This topic was on the Forum some months ago and I posted that insurance was not required to tax a car and I was shot down in flames.So I E.Mailed the DVLA with the following hypothetical question.I said I was buying another car, and whilst I could get insurance cover immediately on the phone,from past experience I knew it would take about 10 days for the documents to come, so would I have to declare SORN until I could tax the car.They replied that insurance cover was not now required to obtain tax because frequent insurance checks were now made on all vehicles.

The problem there seemed to be that folks think they know, but can't be bothered to confirm that they are correct, before leading some poor individual up the garden path.

In some cases of course other folks don't even bother to read the evidence previously linked to in earlier posts.

Re. legal motoring matters, that's why I normally just send SF posters over to pepipoo, where there is a high level of peer review, so those with genuine queries are not misled. (or at least not for long anyway)

Until you post a link to where it says otherwise, I am sticking to my guns in saying you cannot tax an uninsured vehicle.

I'll go with that as well.

Angel1.

Please see post 18, also I taxed one of the bikes on-line today.

It specifically mentioned electronically checking MOT, but no mention of checking insurance.