Firth Park Pre-Fabs

EdmundH

Yes, exactly those... Did you know them? Or maybe live in one of them?

I lived on The Oval from 1948 to1966 & remember them well, when we walked to school from The Oval , we went down Eyncourt Rd & the pre-fabs ran across the bottom on Hucklow Rd, Happy Days !!!

I'd forgotten all about these. In the late 50's, on our walk back from the shops, my grandmother would often stop for a chat with her friend who lived there. This lady had a son with Downs syndrome whom I seem to remember was quite a talented wood-worker.

I use to catch bus to town outside those Pre- Fabs, a workmate use to live

in one of them- i also wished to have when i grew up.

They use to have Pre-Fabs up Grimesthorpe sheff 4 up whiteways.

That was Margate Drive and on Wensley Street, also in Grimesthorpe.

I lived on The Oval from 1948 to1966 & remember them well, when we walked to school from The Oval , we went down Eyncourt Rd & the pre-fabs ran across the bottom on Hucklow Rd, Happy Days !!!

Before moving to The Oval we lived in the prefabs on Hinde Close, Wensley St, we left because my Mum was scared when my Dad was on nights, he worked in the steel works, with just me & my little brother in the house....that was when we moved to the The Oval, I think it was the late 1940's .