More than 85% of public tip offs on benefit 'frauds' are false

i wonder what percentage of the 85% was so difficult to prove due to varying reasons and sensitivities:suspect:

The article didn't say they were difficult to prove but stated that there was insufficient or no evidence of fraud which is different as trying to prove a negative is impossible.

Why not quit on it then. Put the immense amount of cash currently going towards benefit fraud investigation back into the system- after all, they're clearly not providing value-for-money (as it's so difficult to detect and prove).

Because it will encourage more fraud.

If your neighbours were squatting, making a noise at all hours, throwing rubbish everywhere outside, etc. would you consider it?

I'd consider moving!:hihi:

---------- Post added 01-03-2016 at 15:44 ----------

Where the hell do you live?

Firth park?

he lives in page hall.

So you'd move rather than report a neighbour who you knew where breaking the law (or tenancy)?

Don't be surprised - some members on here wouldn't report known criminals or crimes been carried out.

Don't be surprised - some members on here wouldn't report known criminals or crimes been carried out.

How true, I remember some time ago a poster asserted that everybody in his pub was a convicted criminal and had done time. In those circumstances, I'd be reluctant to report a neighbour for anything.

How true, I remember some time ago a poster asserted that everybody in his pub was a convicted criminal and had done time. In those circumstances, I'd be reluctant to report a neighbour for anything.

:huh:

In those circumstances I'd find another pub! :roll:

Would anyone shop their neighbour? I wouldn't it's terrible. Live and let live and mind your own. You can't possibly no everything about someone's circumstances.

Would you also ignore a shop lifter, a purse snatcher, a granny basher, a car thief, ect. ect. ect. ?

why should i care about someone elses tenancy?:suspect:

a tenancy is a contract between two people

Try answering the law bit then :roll:

So you'd move rather than report a neighbour who you knew where breaking the law?*

:)

-

(*I put tenancy in brackets herbal, because I'm not sure whether living in a council house when you aren't registered there is breaking the law)

Edited by *_ash_*