Ecclesfield Road (Woolley Wood Bottom) speed limit/closures

rudds1

The road has been prone to flooding for many years and it is a driver's responsibility to drive to the conditions. I came along it just before it was closed and there were people doing 60, no headlights on, in a torrential downpour. Drivers shouldn't need to be advised to slow down, they should have the common sense to do so. Having said that there is obviously a need to look at the drains, which are probably blocked again!

Yes it's open very strong pungent damp smell on there :gag: but it's a shame that Sheffield Council may have removed the bollards to open the road but they have still left all the road closed and diversion signs both ends of Woolly Wood, makes you wonder. :(

I think you will find that grange mill lane resides in the electoral ward of east ecclsfield & within ecclesfield civil parish therefore under sheffield district council & all the businesses on this road come under an S9(1HW) postcode(s) reinforcing the point, as does observations of SCC streetwise activity on the road in question. (although their is some ambiguity regarding S5 addresses?)

Grange Mill Lane is 95% + in the Shiregreen and Brightside ward.

The boundary between Sheffield and Rotherham was Blackburn Brook but is now the eastern side of the M1.

Post codes have no link with political boundaries in that post codes do not normally change when political boundary do. The Railway on Blackburn Road, Meadowhall is now in Sheffield but keeps its Rotherham S61 2DR code

Your assertion that the actual speed that applies on a NSL depends on the number of lanes may be concise but it is also wrong.

The speed has nothing to do with how many lanes and everything to do with how many carriageways there are.

There aren't many single lane dual-carriageways around but they do exist.

It's the barrier between the carriageways that makes a road a d/c.

Your error (or slip of the pen) is one that is made by many, in my experience.

Again, I was trying to be consise. Geez.

Maybe I could have saved all this bother by merely saying the speed limit for a HGV on Wooley Wood Bottom is no different today than it was last year, would have saved a hell of a lot of explanation.

The road has been prone to flooding for many years and it is a driver's responsibility to drive to the conditions. I came along it just before it was closed and there were people doing 60, no headlights on, in a torrential downpour. Drivers shouldn't need to be advised to slow down, they should have the common sense to do so. Having said that there is obviously a need to look at the drains, which are probably blocked again!

Here here, this is what people have been saying for a long time about the problems with this road if people send their thoughs about the B6082 Woolly Wood Bottom to this e.mail address, streetahead@sheffield.gov.uk then the council may move quicker on a solution, it's taken a long time just to get the speed reduction and warning signs for possible flash flooding, the road has been shut since Saturday till this morning, when I drove on there today there are no obvious signs of any things been done so why has it taken so long as it was surgested, in previous posts, that a survey was taking place to see if the road was safe, it's a main arterie to Meadow Hell but it's also a dangerous road as the flowers around the tree show.

Regarding your comment of people driveing at 60mph in heavy rain the warning signs for flooding did have an advisory speed limit of 30mph if it was flooded but the sign's were changed because it was confusing to some motorists who thought you had to do 30mph between the sign's come rain or shine common sence does not prevail.

Edited by MEC176

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...