University course and anti-gay Facebook post.

He was kicked off the course for having the views, it was because he expressed the views in a public forum.

Absolutely, a public for is a public forum wherever your views are open for all and sundry. That could be TV, social media or here on the Forum! Although, you're more anonymous on the Forum as you can hide behind a username. A lot of people would be in hot water on here if they expressed some of the stuff in public instead of hiding behind their username! Also, more bigotry reported down the road at a certain fast food outlet on West St.

There is a bit more of a background to the story. He was removed under fitness to practice as a social worker grounds, rather than just being kicked off his university course.

So social workers aren't allowed to quote the bible which makes it very clear that homosexuality is a sin. Its a difficult one because they can't prove that God exists or that God describes homosexuality as a sin, but it also can't be proven that they are wrong.

So social workers aren't allowed to quote the bible which makes it very clear that homosexuality is a sin.

I would say that being "anti-gay marriage" is a political view, I am anti-gay marriage, but in no way am I religious.

I would be interesting to know the full story.

The University isn't kicking him off for his thoughts, they're doing it for his actions. If he kept his thoughts to himself, or even if he hadn't shared his thoughts on social media he'd have been alright.

I thought the UK practised freedom of religion, so he shouldn't have to keep his religious beliefs a secret. Its common knowledge that homosexuality is a sin according many religions, so does that disqualify people of faith being social workers.

There is a bit more of a background to the story. He was removed under fitness to practice as a social worker grounds, rather than just being kicked off his university course.

Why would his views make him unfit to practice ?

Do his views make him incapable of fulfilling his duties in that job ?

Do his views make him incapable of doing the work required ?

Or is it yet another example of the cancer that is political correctness that is embedded in the public sector ?

I think we all know the answer.

So you can think what you like - legal thoughts in this case to the best of my knowledge, ones that are shared with a lot of Christians (I wonder what Dan walker thinks of all this ;)) but can't articulate them on your own Facebook page?

I'm not defending him, you can't be a social worker and carry any sort of predujice and do your job effectivly. Giving him the boot from his job doesn't worry me much. Giving him the boot from his course at a centre of higher learning because he has a different world view (and daring to articulate on social media) does. What happened to challenging ideas or have I got the concept of higher education wrong?

Prejudice is a preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience, his opinion is based on both experience and reason so it isn't prejudice.

What if the company's policy is not to make any homophobic comments on any form of media? That is why this student was dismissed from his course, not for having his beliefs.

This also explains why Muslims aren't barred from employment from organisations with equalities policies, as long as their actions are acceptable, they can believe whatever they like.

What business is it of the company what they post on social media in the own time. ?

What if the company's policy is not to make any homophobic comments on any form of media? That is why this student was dismissed from his course, not for having his beliefs.

This also explains why Muslims aren't barred from employment from organisations with equalities policies, as long as their actions are acceptable, they can believe whatever they like.

He didn't make an homophobic comment, he quoted a passage from the bible.

If the authorities determine that it is an homophobic book I wouldn't have an issue with them banning it, if you testify in a court and you will be asked to swear an oaths on that very book, that to me implies that its content isn't homophobic.

He didn't make an homophobic comment, he quoted a passage from the bible.

If the authorities determine that it is an homophobic book I wouldn't have an issue with them banning it, if you testify in a court and you will be asked to swear an oaths on that very book, that to me implies that its content isn't homophobic.

Read again (and bold):

STUDENT KICKED OFF SHEFFIELD UNIVERSITY COURSE FOR ANTI GAY FACEBOOK POST

A Christian social work student has been expelled from his course after voicing anti-gay marriage opinions on Facebook.

Felix Ngole, 38, was a second-year masters student at Sheffield University when he shared a Facebook post saying "I stand with Kim Davis" - the American county clerk who was jailed for refusing to issue marriage licences to same-sex couples.

He also commented on the link quoting a bible verse from Leviticus calling homosexuality an "abomination" in September 2015.

Two months later he said he received an email from the university asking him to attend a meeting to discuss the posts and the father of four was then referred to a fitness to practise committee, which decided he should be ejected from the course.

A letter revealing the committee's decision later told him his actions had "transgressed boundaries which are not deemed appropriate for someone entering the social work profession" and ordered him to hand in his student card.

The committee said its decision was not based on his views but the act of publicly posting them "may have caused offence to some individuals".

Mr Ngole said: "My beliefs about marriage and sexual ethics reflect mainstream, biblical understanding, shared by millions around the world.

"Simply expressing that understanding, in a personal capacity, on my Facebook page, cannot be allowed to become a bar to serving and helping others in a professional capacity as a social worker.

Mr Ngole is appealing against the decision, but if it is not overturned it may prevent him from becoming a social worker.

He believes the decision is an effective "bar to office for Christians" and that he may suffered discrimination.

He said: "I wonder whether the university would have taken any action if a Muslim student who believes in Sharia law, with its teaching about women and homosexuality, had made moderate comments on his Facebook page. I don't think so."

Andrea Williams, chief executive of the Christian Legal Centre, which is supporting Mr Ngole, said: "Sadly, this is yet another case of Christians being 'neutered' in the public arena, and of censorship of views."

What business is it of the company what they post on social media in the own time. ?

Because by its very nature "social media" is just that. MEDIA.

Its publishing / broadcasting / announcing or any other term you want to deem it.

Views which may be deemed contravertial, unethical, deflamatory, racist, homophobic or otherwise broadcast in a public forum are against the code of conduct / contract or professional compliance of xxx organistaion.

They have a right to remove such person from their organisation if they breach the rules.

When will people realise that social media is PUBLIC. Its not a private email. Its not a private phone call. Its not whispering in someone's ear.

Laddo will have been well aware of the regulations and professional conduct for his industry. He breached them now he has to face the consequences.

Its not a new concept. Lots of organisations bar people from having any form of social media and discipline if they go against such wishes.