University course and anti-gay Facebook post.

What i'm confused about here is authority. It seems the uni threw the african chap off the course but the standards he 'breached' belong to a private lobbying group which is a trade union as well. How has any of this got any legal validity behind it?

I am intolerant of people who deliberately and maliciously use it as some tool to prejudice others and deny access to their services.

Anyone is entitled to believe in whatever they want, they can have faith in whichever spirit they desire and practice it in such a way that they wish BUT they have no right to force that position on others OR deny others their rights to live freely when they CHOOSE to provide a public service.

As for your clarification, the fact that these people refused non married couples to share a room is even worse. What decade do they think they live in.

Not fit to be running a business if they are going to have outdated and ridiculous prejudices like that.

Wonder if Mr and Mrs Moralistic would have allowed Mary to stay in the stables. After all, woman turns up in the middle of the night pregnant by someone other than her husband and being followed by three male strangers who gather around her and are present at the birth!

Oh dear. Quick, someone inform the Daily Mail.

But that is precisely what you are supporting, the laws that you are supporting dictate the terms of their religion, our law decides how and when they can manifest their beliefs. You are supporting that which you oppose.

What i'm confused about here is authority. It seems the uni threw the african chap off the course but the standards he 'breached' belong to a private lobbying group which is a trade union as well. How has any of this got any legal validity behind it?

Perhaps the course run by the Uni is accredited by the BASW???

Not much. Which is why they went out of business a couple of years ago.

Apparently former guests of the Christian B&B left some of their experiences on Trip Advisor:

-'Looks good on the website, but extremely disappointment.

-'I am Christian but that's not the reason I went there. But I felt the place had a terrible atmosphere'.

-'I am vegetarian and there was a very limited menu. I felt like I committed a crime when I mentioned I was vegetarian'.

-'The look I received from woman could kill you'.

'The room was cramped, not particularly clean and smelled strange, it was also cold and damp.

-'I really don't like the thought of religion being forced down my throat whilst on holiday/taking a short break. I wanted to enjoy my time but I felt like I was a burden to this hotel not a guest'.

-'It's a real shame because it could be a lot better if the rooms were cleaner/up to date and fresh and the people running the hotel more hospitable.'

-'Had a most disappointing three day stay here and could not wait to get out everywhere is so old and dated and really shabby.

-'It throws religion in your face, which you don't need when stopping at a hotel.

-'The breakfast is of very poor quality, which just about sums up the rest of the hotel. Poor!'

-'B&B owners are very fusty, much like their B&B'.

Oh dear. How sad. But never mind.

---------- Post added 01-03-2016 at 21:06 ----------

I think they suffered because they're lousy hosts :hihi:

Do you not think there is a possibility that some sad intolerant people left malicious feedback, given the publicity the incident attracted ?

But that is precisely what you are supporting, the laws that you are supporting dictate the terms of their religion, our law decides how and when they can manifest their beliefs. You are supporting that which you oppose.

Yes a law can do that, because it's the law. The B&B couple can't discriminate because the law doesn't allow them to.

Of course it has. Being at uni is a bit like being at work in some ways. There is a code of conduct etc.. and just like at work you can be disciplined for breaching it

Do you not think there is a possibility that some sad intolerant people left malicious feedback, given the publicity the incident attracted ?

Well it's possible I suppose....But the comments are strangely congruent. And some hoteliers have thrived on bad publicity. I believe the hotel that John Cleese based his Fawlty Towers on became very popular after the airing of the sitcom.

Yes a law can do that, because it's the law. The B&B couple can't discriminate because the law doesn't allow them to.

People set laws, and the people that set these laws are guilty of that which they opposed.

ECCOnoob pointed out that they have no right to force that position on others, yet the people that set the law have forced their position on others.

Religion is not LAW.

I have asked four times now - Where exactly in the bible does it say that homosexuals can be discriminated against and refused access to a service by a business.

Where exactly in any Christian text does it categorically say that these "sinners" must be persecuted without tolerance and forgiveness.

That is what law is. You will.... You will not... It is permitted to... It is forbidden to..... A clear set of rules.

Christian text is an INTERPRETATION based on stories from a multitude of witnesses and gospels. Its not set in stone and not even read the same way by their own mouthpieces.

How can you possibly compare it to a legal statute.

Edited by ECCOnoob

People set laws, and the people that set these laws are guilty of that which they opposed.

ECCOnoob pointed out that they have no right to force that position on others, yet the people that set the law have forced their position on others.

No the people elect members of parliament and a government is formed who create laws. The couple could've gone to the ECHR, not sure how much good it would've done them....

But I think you're tying yourself up in knots - I don't think it's that complicated.