University course and anti-gay Facebook post.

So the anti freedom of speech mob think its fine to surpress peoples genuinely held views... What a great surprise.

Nope. I believe that professionals have to be professional when they're dealing with the media.

He is free to think what he wants.

---------- Post added 02-03-2016 at 20:47 ----------

Nobody is telling anybody what to think.

If he was allowed to think what he wants he wouldn't have been kicked off the course for posting his thoughts.

Because it doesn't, other social worker express their opinion and beliefs on face book without being struck off, one even posted how taking someone children gave her an buzz and she wasn't struck off.

The transgression would have started the disciplinary process, how each individual approached that disciplinary process would certainly have an effect upon it's outcome. So the comparison doesn't had water.

---------- Post added 02-03-2016 at 20:56 ----------

If he was allowed to think what he wants he wouldn't have been kicked off the course for posting his thoughts.

You're almost there!!!!! He was kicked off for sharing his thoughts in the media in a way that could be traced back to him, his job and his profession.

I don't know if you've noticed and it may have been mentioned, but you appear to have missed it. The professional body hasn't punished the chap in question for his thoughts, he was punished for sharing his thoughts in the media in a way that could be traced back to him, his job and his profession.

---------- Post added 02-03-2016 at 20:48 ----------

Once again, nope. He is free to think whatever he likes.

Yet others that have posted their thoughts on face book and haven't been struck off, it wasn't posting his thoughts that was the problem for them it is what he was thinking.

---------- Post added 02-03-2016 at 20:57 ----------

So the anti freedom of speech mob think its fine to surpress peoples genuinely held views... What a great surprise.

It surely doesn't shock you that the liberal lefties want to suppress opinions and beliefs that they don't share.

Yet others that have posted their thoughts on face book and haven't been struck off, it wasn't posting his thoughts that was the problem for them it is what he was thinking.

At the risk of repeating myself, the transgression would have started the disciplinary process, how each individual approached that disciplinary process would certainly have an effect upon it's outcome. So the comparison doesn't had water.

I would support his or her right to hold such an opinion, only a bigoted fascist would deny someone their a opinion and right to express it.

Right so you would support a Muslim social worker using sociasl media to support the imposition of Sharia law in the UK?

In fact you already answered. It's a yes.

Nope. I believe that professionals have to be professional when they're dealing with the media.

No you believe only certain views may be expressed publicly by professionals and those views can be determined by a private company.

Thats a sack of cack as far as i'm concerned.

The transgression would have started the disciplinary process, how each individual approached that disciplinary process would certainly have an effect upon it's outcome. So the comparison doesn't had water.

---------- Post added 02-03-2016 at 20:56 ----------

You're almost there!!!!! He was kicked off for sharing his thoughts in the media in a way that could be traced back to him, his job and his profession.

Every news source says it was what he posted on face book that got him kicked off the course, not how he conducted himself when interviewed.