Is Donald Trump a conman?

Trump will be fun.

Unless your a Mexican/Latino.

Only a conman would say 'we are going to build a wall and they (Mexico) are going to pay for it'.

And

We are going to make America G-R-E-A-T again.

I'm just off down the G-R-E-A-T shop to buy one , that should do it!

Unless your a Mexican/Latino.

Only a conman would say 'we are going to build a wall and they (Mexico) are going to pay for it'.

And

We are going to make America G-R-E-A-T again.

I'm just off down the G-R-E-A-T shop to buy one , that should do it!

I have no idea how he intends to make mexico pay for the wall.

But there clearly needs to be a wall as the mexicans and other assorted latinos have shown no inclination to stop illegally entering the US in half a century. Of his various proposed policies securing the borders is one of the more sensible ones.

After reading some of the details about 'Trump University', which was never a university in the first place, which seemed to have only one entrance qualification, i.e. possession of a credit card, and which employed classic 'bait and switch' techniques to extract money from its 'students', I would have to say 'yes' in this instance. I don't know enough about his other business dealings to say whether this behaviour was typical of him. However, the Trump university allegations, if found to be true in the forthcoming court case, should be enough to disqualify him from becoming the next POTUS.

Nowt wrong with a PHD in the field of flatulance.:P

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

Hillary will win because Bill is behind her, the most capable President we've had in a long time. I don't care about Monica Lewinsky, its been over a long time ago. Trump is what we English call a fart, destroying the Republican Party at that.

Hillary will win because Bill is behind her, the most capable President we've had in a long time. I don't care about Monica Lewinsky, its been over a long time ago. Trump is what we English call a fart, destroying the Republican Party at that.

I notice the Republican party is trying to stop Trump. they must know that intelligent Republicans and floating voters will not vote for him. It would be a shoe in for the Dumocrats.:mad:

It also didn't help that Trump's biggest rival, Ted Cruz is hated by the party's congress members, to the point that I would't be surprised if there was an "anyone but Cruz" movement behind the scenes.

I hope you are right about Cruz, who is a thoroughly nasty piece of work. It is ironic that Cruz and Rubio are both seeking to cast themselves in the roles of 'moderates' versus the extremist, beyond the pale Trump.

In one of the debates, Trump said that he would seek to solve the Israel-Palestine dispute by adopting the position of a 'neutral' broker, or words to that effect. Cruz immediately responded by saying that he had no intention of being any thing other than a staunch supporter of Israel. In fact, Cruz has allied himself with the most extreme Zionist factions.

Similarly, on the issue of abortion, Cruz is a rigid, so-called 'pro-lifer', whereas Trump has a more nuanced position.

I hope you are right about Cruz, who is a thoroughly nasty piece of work. It is ironic that Cruz and Rubio are both seeking to cast themselves in the roles of 'moderates' versus the extremist, beyond the pale Trump.

In one of the debates, Trump said that he would seek to solve the Israel-Palestine dispute by adopting the position of a 'neutral' broker, or words to that effect. Cruz immediately responded by saying that he had no intention of being any thing other than a staunch supporter of Israel. In fact, Cruz has allied himself with the most extreme Zionist factions.

Similarly, on the issue of abortion, Cruz is a rigid, so-called 'pro-lifer', whereas Trump has a more nuanced position.

Apart from immigration, Trump isn't actually very right-wing at all, not for the US at least. And his rhetoric on immigration is a blatant vote grab anyway.

I have being reading up on Trump's business activities and their seems to have been a common feature of his various business ventures other than property, i.e. Trump University, Trump Airways, Trump Mortgages and Trump Steaks, all of which failed.

The common feature appears to be that he was not involved in running any of these businesses, nor did he have much of a financial stake in them. What he did was to lend his name (i.e. the Trump brand) in return for a licensing fee. So Trump made money off these businesses, even when they failed. In effect, clients and customers were conned into thinking that they were clients of a Trump enterprise, with all of the due diligence and quality they would expect from a global brand. Personally, I wouldn't be buying a motor from 'Trump Used Cars' or anything else from this toxic brand.