Free movement of people

No I see choosing to stand there for a better view as a good metaphor. I shouldn't have to choose a much safer position just because someone might shove me over.

It's funny how the brexit camp sees the EU as motivated by pure evil, just wanting to take away our sovereignty, until we leave, at which point they suddenly become our servants, desperate to give us our every whim on a plate.

How naive can you get? In or out of the EU, every other country is going to be motivated by its own national interests, rather than ours. As soon as we are out, we will have a much poorer hand when it comes to bargaining.

You say you shouldn't have to choose a safer position because someone might shove you over - well it's fine to argue what you shouldn't have to do, but they probably will do.

OK, maybe that is a bit of an extreme metaphor. Maybe it's more like being involved in organising a lifeguard station, then saying "this is all too much of a hassle having to work around you lot, I abdicate my responsibility to all of you, but btw, I'm just going to swim out as far as I can; and when I get tired, you'll come and rescue me, yeah?"

It's funny how the brexit camp sees the EU as motivated by pure evil, just wanting to take away our sovereignty, until we leave, at which point they suddenly become our servants, desperate to give us our every whim on a plate.

Whats really funny is the fact you think that is what the brexit camps sees.

How naive can you get? In or out of the EU, every other country is going to be motivated by its own national interests, rather than ours. As soon as we are out, we will have a much poorer hand when it comes to bargaining.

We are in and we can't bargain, we just have to obey, out our bargaining power gets stronger.

---------- Post added 07-03-2016 at 15:39 ----------

So you don't think they'll give us our whim then? Oh dear, there's no hope.

What whim do you think that I think they will give us?