Npower job losses

gagging orders placed on its workers whats all that about :loopy:

Commercial sensitivity. Stopping misinformation being spread. Stop potentially damaging or inflammatory details becoming public knowledge without authority.

Tensions are high and some disgruntled employees may be tempted to spout off making things worse.

The company is about to undertake a huge consultation process with the unions and staff. The company has publically stated that it has lost a hell of a lot of customers and thus revenue. For all we know they might be trying to merge, sell out or anything inbetween.

Until such time as the ink is dry on anything to do with the business and/or the staff they don't want every Tom Dick and Harry blabbing to the press and all over twitter about things.

Its could jeopardise the whole process.

---------- Post added 08-03-2016 at 20:31 ----------

Woah! :wow:

2500?

That's a LOTTA jobs :nod:

It said on tonight's news that they are trying to redeploy a lot and will be trying to offering voluntary redundancy.

Whoever buys it couldn't do much worse with the admin.

We've been with them for about five years, paying by direct debit with the bill adjusted in February usually with a rebate then last year they changed it to August, I pointed out to them that to start the year at tha end of August when we were going in to the colder weather would probably mean that we would be in arrears by the end of February. They said they'd change the year to start again when February came round. The inevitable happened so we were in arrears so they wanted to change our DD.

When I told them we would pay off the arrears then they could start the year in February as agreed she put me on hold listening to 'the Girll from Ipenema' for five minutes, came back on and said the system wouldn't allow her to do it.

Another five minutes listening to the same song while she spoke to the manager, same answer. Problem is I'm loath to leave them because they are so inefficient we've had about £300 in compo off them over the years when I've reported them to the regulator for **** ups they've made.

We use it as a savings account, got more than 150 quid a year over the last few years so far, you can get them to pay interest as well.

No sympathy at all,, bad company out of a massive bad bunch...There all as bad :rant:

No sympathy for people losing their jobs? They may have ended up at a rubbish company but they were just trying to earn a living. Just ordinary people.

We use it as a savings account, got more than 150 quid a year over the last few years so far, you can get them to pay interest as well.

Flopping heck. Never thought of that, I'll try it next time. I'm confident there will be a next time.