Sheffield's Hospital consultant suspended

He was not suspended because he endorsed the dress policy, he was suspended because he made it public about what was going on. He did the right thing and what has happened to him for it is just wrong.

I never suggested that he was in trouble for endorsing the Trust's dress code. I was making the opposite point, namely that the trust supported his stand.

It seems that he was suspended for making un authorised comments to the media.

My point was that there were other ongoing concerns of more staff members - and I don't know how and if they were handled.

And it seems that hospital is more upset about revealing these problems to public than about the problems themselves. But that's just my impression and feeling.

My point was that there were other ongoing concerns of more staff members - and I don't know how and if they were handled.

And it seems that hospital is more upset about revealing these problems to public than about the problems themselves. But that's just my impression and feeling.

I think that as he was able to raise the issue and get it sorted, it appears to show that safety can be addressed and is not hamstrung by concerns of racism, religious acceptance and multiculturalism. The system worked.

If some people felt inhibited into not speaking out, this shows that they needn't have been.

I've just read the article about suspended consultant who stopped surgeon operating while wearing headscarf:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/nhs/12185567/Hospital-suspends-consultant-who-stopped-surgeon-operating-while-wearing-headscarf.html

It concerns me that hospital cares more about "the tone he has used" than about safety issues there.

The world has gone stark raving bonkers! :shakes:

How can you conduct sterile surgery

WEARING A BLIMMIN HEAD SCARF??? :loopy: