Sheffield's Hospital consultant suspended

One has to wonder how long this presumably well qualified surgeon had been undertaking operations whilst wearing her head scarf, before this consultant spoke out.

Months. Several months. According to that consultant.

He was not suspended because he endorsed the dress policy, he was suspended because he made it public about what was going on. He did the right thing and what has happened to him for it is just wrong.

He has not been suspended for making it public.

He may have been suspended (the hospital have not actually confirmed he is suspended) while they review the content of his blog and the possibility that the content could prejudice the efficiency of his working within the hospital community.

I don't speak Czech but a simple Google translate of his blog shows that it has the potential to be inflammatory.

Edited by cgksheff

He has not been suspended for making it public.

He may have been suspended (the hospital have not actually confirmed he is suspended) while they review the content of his blog and the possibility that the content could prejudice the efficiency of his working within the hospital community.

I don't speak Czech but a simple Google translate of his blog shows that it has the potential to be inflammatory.

Because what he's said won't be popular with the medical staff there whose working practices are not in accordance with guidelines, do you think? Rather than that he's said anything wrong. We shouldn't have to pussyfoot around people to make a point on their working practice.

Although I though they had proper sterile hijaabs for hospital staff and also for patients, come to that. Like this ... http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/03/04/nhs-hospital-introduces-patient-burqas-of-multi-faith-dignity/ It's a pain, they're always wanting something different provided to accommodate the demands of their 'beautiful religion.'

Edited by natjack
add a link

Because what he's said won't be popular with the medical staff there whose working practices are not in accordance with guidelines, do you think? Rather than that he's said anything wrong. We shouldn't have to pussyfoot around people to make a point on their working practice.

Although I though they had proper sterile hijaabs for hospital staff and also for patients, come to that. Like this ... http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/03/04/nhs-hospital-introduces-patient-burqas-of-multi-faith-dignity/ It's a pain, they're always wanting something different provided to accommodate the demands of their 'beautiful religion.'

Theatre hats are not sterile.

He has a lot more to say than just local working practices.

They've not got a lot of folds and dangly bits, though, have they?

I'm picky, I didn't even like the Bake Off contestant wearing that black hijaab on every showing. Doubt she'd have been allowed to wear that at Gunstones :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4634351.stm

No, please do not misunderstand me, what the surgeon did was wrong, and what the anaesthetist did in challenging her was 100% correct.

I'm just saying that we do not know what sort of head covering she was wearing, and how different it would have been from the normal theatre hats that cover hair to be able to comment upon how much of an effect it could have had upon the patients.

This is what he got suspended for.

C & P

The incident, in 2013, was not made public. However, Dr Rogozov, was suspended last month after revealing the episode – and other surgeons' more recent behaviour – on a Czech blog.

“However since the publication of articles, attributed to the member of staff, we have received concerns about the tone he has used. On this basis the content and nature of the views published are currently being investigated.