Where did we go wrong?

Not in as much as your OP stated:

The point being, I don't think people die in the UK through lack of food, as in a famine. At least not since the potato famine.

Why do you think I am only referring to the UK? We are one world, populated by all our fellow humans. They are all our concern, not just the ones in our own vacinity. There are lots of people starving all over the place, and it's nearly always political, not a lack of food that causes it.

The only way to solve these problems is to work together as one nation. That's the problem though.

---------- Post added 10-03-2016 at 01:47 ----------

Corruption and greed are two good reasons.

Why would any one need more than a million quid to have a good life. Many are not even satisfied with multiple millions, they want BILLIONS. It's just crazy when you think about it, but hey ho that's life.

Angel1.

My feelings exactly, except that I don't think it's 'just life.' I think that with the right will, it should and could be changed.

Why do you think I am only referring to the UK? We are one world, populated by all our fellow humans. They are all our concern, not just the ones in our own vacinity. There are lots of people starving all over the place, and it's nearly always political, not a lack of food that causes it.

The only way to solve these problems is to work together as one nation. That's the problem though.

Sorry that's not true. We live in a world full of enemies and competitors.

We are one world populated by millions of species, humans are the problem faced by every other species including our our own, the only way to solve the problem is to reverse our population expansion.

We are one world populated by millions of species, humans are the problem faced by every other species including our our own, the only way to solve the problem is to reverse our population expansion.

Yes I agree with that.

But the best way to reduce population expansion is to educate and improve living standards. Many people in the third world see family as their only riches. A family is all that stands between them and destitution.

Children will make it possible to work more land. They will work the land when the parents are too old to do so. They will look after them in old age, and protect them. Because infant mortality is so high in these areas, having 5 or 6 children is the only way they can guarantee that some will survive into adulthood to do all of the above.

A decent welfare system would bring down the infant mortality rate, and reduce the need for more children, thus the population would decline.

In the Western world the populations are declining,

Yes I agree with that.

But the best way to reduce population expansion is to educate and improve living standards. Many people in the third world see family as their only riches. A family is all that stands between them and destitution.

Children will make it possible to work more land. They will work the land when the parents are too old to do so. They will look after them in old age, and protect them. Because infant mortality is so high in these areas, having 5 or 6 children is the only way they can guarantee that some will survive into adulthood to do all of the above.

A decent welfare system would bring down the infant mortality rate, and reduce the need for more children, thus the population would decline.

Dead right until the last line I think. Ours is going up.

Yes I agree with that.

Their populations aren't a major problem, the probables the world face stems from the populations of developed countries such as our own.

Edited by sutty27

Their populations aren't a major problem, the probables the world face stems from the populations of developed countries such as our own.

Completely agree.

Americans make up only 4.5% of the world's population and yet consume nearly 20% of its energy!

Have a look here: Population and Energy consumption as to why it's ingenuous to blame the population size of a country for the world's woes.

I think greed covers all,ie= Jacob Zuma his country is in the middle of a drought,children are going with out food and he just spent half a million pounds on his birthday party.

Houses are left empty, till there value increases even more.

A revolution is the answer,the people need to stand up and be counted.