My nominated idiots of the day

Hello O mysterious one, weerz tha been?

Hi Denlin,

Well mostly stuck in the left hand lane of Chesterfield Road trying to go straight on ,or driving off the Parkway towards Mosborough waiting patiently in the queue whilst others speed past me.

I do of course leave room as I don't approve of bumper bumper of driving so there's plenty of opportunity for spiky bumpered land rovers to do a quick left manoeuvre and get to their destination seconds,if not minutes quicker.

I have also tried an experiment with dropping red and white marbles through a funnel.

If the red marble is in line marbles continue to flow.

If I try to force several red marbles into the funnel it blocks up.

I have now lost my marbles so the experiment ends.

How about you?

Rule 134 seems quite clear to me and I don't know how you can interpret that as only applying in rare circumstances??

Perhaps it's easier to understand without the examples:

But there are examples. The writers of the HC didn't put them there by accident. This was a conscious decision to convey a particular meaning. If they had expected it to apply in ALL slow moving situations (and including road works or incidents) then they could have easily left the examples out. But they didn't.

All you are doing is removing the examples because they undermine your view.

The examples are not exclusive and nowhere does it say that merging in turn should only happen in unusual circumstances.

---------- Post added 10-03-2016 at 12:02 ----------

Hi Denlin,

Well mostly stuck in the left hand lane of Chesterfield Road trying to go straight on ,or driving off the Parkway towards Mosborough waiting patiently in the queue whilst others speed past me.

I do of course leave room as I don't approve of bumper bumper of driving so there's plenty of opportunity for spiky bumpered land rovers to do a quick left manoeuvre and get to their destination seconds,if not minutes quicker.

I have also tried an experiment with dropping red and white marbles through a funnel.

If the red marble is in line marbles continue to flow.

If I try to force several red marbles into the funnel it blocks up.

I have now lost my marbles so the experiment ends.

How about you?

How about when you allow the marbles to merge in turn correctly, what happens then?

But there are examples. The writers of the HC didn't put them there by accident. This was a conscious decision to convey a particular meaning. If they had expected it to apply in ALL slow moving situations (and including road works or incidents) then they could have easily left the examples out. But they didn't.

All you are doing is removing the examples because they undermine your view.

No I'm just removing them because you seem incapable of understanding the rule with them in.

It just seems your stuck in your way and another one of the 'holier than you' brigade.

I don't care, you continue in the wrong it's no skin off my nose.

No I'm just removing them because you seem incapable of understanding the rule with them in.

It just seems your stuck in your way and another one of the 'holier than you' brigade.

Indeed if he does continue, then it's less time for all of us to be queuing as we have an emptier other lane to drive in....

Indeed if he does continue, then it's less time for all of us to be queuing as we have an emptier other lane to drive in....

Indeed. I wonder if Mr Sundae or Ms Chelle were the driver of the white 4x4 that tried to prevent me merging in turn at the top of Halifax Rd the other week, using the 'might is right' argument that they could bump my little car out of the way? Thing is I was in a loan car at the time so didn't give a flying **** whether they hit me or not and made the manoeuveur stick - much to a chorus of displeasure accompanied by flashing lights and blaring horn. To which they simply got the finger. If I hadn't needed to get back to pick my car up from it's service they may have got an more strict education in the highway code.

Indeed. I wonder if Mr Sundae or Ms Chelle were the driver of the white 4x4 that tried to prevent me merging in turn at the top of Halifax Rd the other week, using the 'might is right' argument that they could bump my little car out of the way? Thing is I was in a loan car at the time so didn't give a flying **** whether they hit me or not and made the manoeuveur stick - much to a chorus of displeasure accompanied by flashing lights and blaring horn. To which they simply got the finger. If I hadn't needed to get back to pick my car up from it's service they may have got an more strict education in the highway code.

First of all it's Miss!

And secondly wasn't me, I drive a black Toyota Prius and i dont stop people from joining the queue. Evidently you havent read my posts...

I dont blame you though! I am awfully boring..

The examples are not exclusive and nowhere does it say that merging in turn should only happen in unusual circumstances.

---------- Post added 10-03-2016 at 12:02 ----------

How about when you allow the marbles to merge in turn correctly, what happens then?

Re bib. I agree entirely. It's not saying don't merge in turn unless it is an unusual situation.

However, neither is it specifically advocating it in more normal circumstances as many people appear to be saying it does.

---------- Post added 10-03-2016 at 12:50 ----------

You have no idea how I feel about the situation, so lay off the personal comments.

I'm just pointing out that the Highway Code does not say what some people appear to be claiming it does.

Edit. If it does mean what you are claiming, then the examples are totally irrelevant. Why do you think they put them in?

Edited by Eater Sundae