English votes for English Laws

Why use such a horrible noun for the SNP? It might be warranted for the EDL and their lackeys.

The EDL as no effect on my life.

The SNP have now effected the lives of everyone in England despite not being voted in by the English and being able to do themselves that which they are preventing us from doing.

That makes the SNP far worse than the EDL.

The EDL as no effect on my life.

The SNP have now effected the lives of everyone in England despite not being voted in by the English and being able to do themselves that which they are preventing us from doing.

That makes the SNP far worse than the EDL.

I think you missed the point of my post.

I think you missed the point of my post.

I'm pretty sure I got your point.

Scum. A worthless or contemptible person or group of people:

Scum. It is hard to define the word, but it is basically used to describe someone so disgraceful.

The actions of the SNP far more disgraceful and contemptible than the EDL.

I think the EDL should have every right to protest and I don't think the SNP should have the right to vote on English laws, the fact they voted against something for England that they implement in Scotland makes them disgraceful and contemptible in my opinion, so the word scum is an apt description, even though it is a word I wouldn't personally use.

I'm pretty sure I got your point.

Scum. A worthless or contemptible person or group of people:

Scum. It is hard to define the word, but it is basically used to describe someone so disgraceful.

The actions of the SNP far more disgraceful and contemptible than the EDL.

I think the EDL should have every right to protest and I don't think the SNP should have the right to vote on English laws, the fact they voted against something for England that they implement in Scotland makes them disgraceful and contemptible in my opinion, so the word scum is an apt description, even though it is a word I wouldn't personally use.

I would agree that on the face of it there are unfairnesses in the system, but I'll freely acknowledge I don't know the minutiae of devolvement arrangements between the 2 Governments

The point of my post was that the Nationalism of the SNP and EDL, and the way that they are expressed are 2 completely different things.

It does seem that the SNP have decided to simply be a wrecking party.

I also note their position with regards to Brexit has changed in the last few years, no doubt because they realise that political advantage is only possible by pretending to advocate "stay". I've no doubt that many of them will secretly be voting to leave.

Scottish MPs have today voted against relaxation of the Sunday trading laws in England and Wales, even though they have such relaxation in Scotland. It's about time the Government changed the laws to stop this happening.

Has it not occurred to you that the SNP and others could vote that down too given the government has a tiny majority?

The SNP refused to support the government because the proposal didn't have a Sunday premium wage, something Scottish legislation has.

Has it not occurred to you that the SNP and others could vote that down too given the government has a tiny majority?

The SNP refused to support the government because the proposal didn't have a Sunday premium wage, something Scottish legislation has.

Extra pay for working on Sundays is already being phased out in England, which I assume is the reason why a premium wage was not put in the legislation to relax the existing Sunday trading laws.

Extra pay for working on Sundays is already being phased out in England, which I assume is the reason why a premium wage was not put in the legislation to relax the existing Sunday trading laws.

There is one parliament in the UK which can legislate on all matters financial, legal and political.

In a general election voting in 600+ constituencies enables the successful MPs to elect a Prime Minister.

These MPs have voted to give England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland various forms of local decision making powers, but they have not removed the primacy of the UK parliament.

UK MPs are all equal and all MPs are able to change UK laws if in a majority.

It is the majority of english MPs who voted to devolve limited powers to local 'quangos' or locally elected bodies in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

The majority of English MPs can overturn any decision made in any part of the UK.