DOGS should not be allowed on hospital wards.

I've been on many Dr's rounds with junior Dr's in attendance and rarely do they wash their hands from patient to patient on rounds, even though they may not physically touch each patient they do handle notes, touch lockers , beds, and equipment such as drips.

You don't see therm cleaning stethoscopes every time they use them all these things can carry infection.

What was their response when you challenged their behaviour on the 'many doctors rounds' you have been present on ?:rolleyes:

Someone is telling porkies here............

Edited by Daven

I know the Hallamshire well, as it is where my sister passed away. The nurses were professional and helpful

I agree with the comment about the begging bowl: if a dog comes into a ward then can it be voluntary ? Because people want to help ? Seems any deed today has to have a price to it.

And yes the nurses know they must be careful about passing on a virus. I have a cousin who is a nurse and she specialized in "Disease control within a hospital environment." In a test, they found that a doctors tie was a major source of passing on viruses from one ward to another !

TBF you only have the OPs description of begging bowl and hes rather averse to the whole idea. As long as its non intrusive, then I dont see the harm. Charities dont run on nothing.

What was their response when you challenged their behaviour on the 'many doctors rounds' you have been present on ?:rolleyes:

Someone is telling porkies here............[/quote

As a qualified nurse since 1986 I have been on many rounds with them, and yes I did point out about hand washing and they did comply

My point was dogs are not the only source of infection, it can come from health professionals too.

Edited by Orangepip

Someone is telling porkies here............

A bit of a strange comment Daven, how many drs rounds have you been on yourself

A bit of a strange comment Daven, how many drs rounds have you been on yourself

More than one on every day of my working life since 1981 - you do the maths.

Edited by Daven

More than one on every day of my working life since 1981 - you do the maths.

I smell bullbob!!! My mother was a sister for 35yrs and she didn't do the rounds with the doctors every day!! Doctors weren't always available so the nurses had to improvise... Don't exaggerate, some of us actually know nurses..