500 people arrested for leaving their child home alone

The oldest was 15, they can walk to school on their own, surely they can be on their own at home?

the guidance says.

It also suggests children under 12 are "rarely mature enough to cope in an emergency and should not be left at home alone for a long period of time", while under 16s should not be left alone overnight.

It make one wonder who comes up with this crap, they are obviously projecting their own uselessness onto everyone.

I bet they hate me.

This weekend I'm dumping 20 plus Scouts in a wood to fend for themselves as part of the survival badge... no tents... overnight..... equipped with knives etc... catch yer own food..

I bet they all come out a little weary and very muddy and perfectly OK.

I bet they hate me.

This weekend I'm dumping 20 plus Scouts in a wood to fend for themselves as part of the survival badge... no tents... overnight..... equipped with knives etc... catch yer own food..

I bet they all come out a little weary and very muddy and perfectly OK.

But in the woods they won't have electricity so can't electrocute themselves.

They won't have gas so can't blow themselves up.

They won't be able to fall out of a second floor window.

So they should be fine.

P.S. Just be sure not to leave them with ropes, knifes and matches.

On its own, leaving a child alone is ok.

Is a child 'on their own' if they are in a busy place, without a parent? Would it be ok to let them go to the cinema or school, on their own?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35800870

BBC Radio 4 had an interview with a man who was charged with this for leaving his child in a car for 5 minutes outside a shop. He was convicted in a magistrates court and ignoring advice from his solicitor and a barrister, he appealed. The judge quashed his conviction immediately.