Is Sheffield a Tough City?

By tough you mean dangerous?

I'm not sure what parts of Chesterfield these lot have been going to, but I was born there and lived there for 20 years before coming to Sheffield. Burngreave, Firth Park, Parson Cross, Pitsmoor, etc make the "rough" parts of Chesterfield look like Dore and Totley.

But to answer your question, no, I don't think so generally. The only time I've ever genuinely been scared in Sheffield was getting myself lost and walking through Burngreave after a drunken night out.

you forgot manor, wybourne, arbourthorne, gleadless :P

Sheffield tough, well where we lived people brought in their doorsteps at night and when you closed your windows you always trapped someones hand in them,also alsations always walked round in pairs but apart from that it was quite serene and quiet except on Saturday night when there was always a mass brawl in the middle of the street!.All in all a lovely place to live!.

The best laugh I've had for weeks.:D:D:D

Sheffield tough, well where we lived people brought in their doorsteps at night and when you closed your windows you always trapped someones hand in them,also alsations always walked round in pairs but apart from that it was quite serene and quiet except on Saturday night when there was always a mass brawl in the middle of the street!.All in all a lovely place to live!.

Sounds about right. lol:D