Booked my driving test..

Hello forumers :)

Right I've booked my driving test and wondered if any one can give me any tips on how to stay calm and not get frustrated with some of the .. erm.. let's say rubbish.. drivers on the road.

I don't get too bad road rage, but if someone is too far up my rear end I have a rant.. and don't want the test mr/Mrs to mark me down for it :/.

Any tips? (NOT SARCASTIC, OR RUDE!)

cheers

On your test it's always best to over-emphasise, when you check your mirrors. If needs be, adjust it so that you have to make a slight movement to actually see what's going on in them. Then the examiner will 'know' you're using them. It will also remind you to actually check them frequently.

If you are already getting road rage and you havent even passed your test yet i'd suggest maybe cancelling your test until you learn to not have road rage!!

We dont need another hot head on the road thank you very much :hihi:

Have a cup of chamomile tea an hour before you go!

I don't know why some drivers are so impatient with learner drivers; we all had to learn once. I'll be out and about on my (bike) L plates soon, its slightly daunting. (I passed my car test 8 years ago, I should point out)

If you notice someone tailgating, stay calm, smile and try not to focus on them too much. You might then miss something in front or to the side of you. Concentrate on your own driving.

The fact that you are getting this frustrated at other drivers this early in your driving career isn't really a good sign. Remember, an angry driver is not a good driver!

If you are already getting road rage and you havent even passed your test yet i'd suggest maybe cancelling your test until you learn to not have road rage!!

We dont need another hot head on the road thank you very much :hihi:

Have a cup of chamomile tea an hour before you go!

:hihi:

Yep, I agree...

... and maybe you might consider getting a few months practice on a push bike first to help improve your road sense? ;)

Get lost off ya pair of teasers haha. It's not that I get road rage, I just poo myself because I feel like if they are too close up my rear and I'm going up a hill or what ever, I'm gonna go into them.. so I get frustrated thinking why do that knowing I'm a learner.. then rant..

---------- Post added 17-03-2016 at 13:13 ----------

Thank you to swede, Isabelle and Pete. I'll try these on my lesson today.

Get lost off ya pair of teasers haha. It's not that I get road rage, I just poo myself because I feel like if they are too close up my rear and I'm going up a hill or what ever, I'm gonna go into them.. so I get frustrated thinking why do that knowing I'm a learner.. then rant..

---------- Post added 17-03-2016 at 13:13 ----------

Thank you to swede, Isabelle and Pete. I'll try these on my lesson today.

Don't worry about what people behind you are doing! You just concerntrate on what is in front of you, make sure you are seen to be checking your mirrors constantly though!

Best of luck! As others have said just try to concentrate on the things you control and that's your car and your driving only. You cannot do anything about other drivers so try to predict what they might do and then adjust accordingly. If you get hit in the rear by another driver on your test it's not a fail so don't let them get to you. If someone is tailgating then just gently increase the distance between you and the car in front slightly to compensate so you can brake more slowly if you need to. I found that talking through things like that on my test made me calm down more and also showed the examiner I was doing things for a reason. Might be worth it.

Good luck.

First few years on the road are the most exciting and dangerous.

I have a lot of respect for you being so open about your feelings and experiences on the road.

Rubbish drivers will always be there and getting upset about them is not going to change the world or make them drive any better.

There is nothing you can do to make them drive better, just tell yourself you don't want to be like them and don't join that club.

If you get angry with them they are only going to be angry back and stupid things happen. If you leave them at least you are not a rubbish driver and that makes the road safer.

Edited by dutch